The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
To get an A* overall do you need to get 90% in the applied modules such as S1,M2 etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quido
Yup, this year in C1 I always get a low A in papers whilst with the other modules I get high As. Hoping the FP1 paper will be easy.

Whoop. Me and you both. I think I did well in C1. Now just need to tear FP1 up in pieces. I want a B in FM
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Anyone doing FP1 on Friday?

Yasssss. Ready?

No. Come on. The exam board isn't stupid. Just because you may have thought it was hard, doesn't mean everyone else has. + Exactly what grade boundaries do you want them to lower? They haven't set them yet! xD
Original post by Kira Yagami
For the question about finding the intersections points

you had to find 3 points right

and the increments of x and y both went up in 0.2 yes?

Does anyone remember some of their coodrinates? I remember getting -5.8 for onmy x coordiantes for the root on the far left... soud famililar?

Yas! And I think -1.8!??
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Yasssss. Ready?

idk really! I'm just hoping its an easy paper as when MEI make FP1 difficult, they make it difficult.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
idkf really! I'm just hoping its an easy paper as when MEI make FP1 difficult, they make it difficult.

Lol.. I think we'll be okay if we get a NICE Proof by induction.

I like FP1. It's a nice module. I also hope that the matrix questions are straightforward as they usually are.

Something tells me they're going be tough!
Original post by bethygirl
I think I got something like X^2 + X -5 or something but that could be wrong, however the graph did intersect Y axis at -5 so I'm presuming mine is correct ??

Phew! I got that too :biggrin:
Original post by Mo2351
I think he didn't do MEI , I think he just did OCR C1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

by the proof I meant the 90 degrees triangle question - I did do MEI
Reply 270
A-60
B-54
C-48

sound reasonable?
looking over the unoffical mark scheme im pretty sure I got all the questions right in section A, do you think its still possible to drop some marks even if you got all the answers correct (of course I showed all my working)?
What did everyone put for question 9) iii. (B) find the equation of the translated curve? I can't find the answer on the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mockjam
A-60
B-54
C-48

sound reasonable?

I personally think it will be a bit higher than that, so like A - 61, B - 56, C, 49. Although I really messed up the last two question parts (Will get some method marks) so I am really hoping the grade boundaries are as low as possible ahaha.
Original post by suziew00zie
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQzKz6OMkj-DBpk-AiRP1JA8bMVZ5u_PnFdGh_P5F40/edit the link you're looking at has q3 wrong on both parts, this one looks right for that

Ah right, thanks!
Reply 275
Original post by Studious_Student
I personally think it will be a bit higher than that, so like A - 61, B - 56, C, 49. Although I really messed up the last two question parts (Will get some method marks) so I am really hoping the grade boundaries are as low as possible ahaha.

yeah i think the harder long mark questions in section b will make it lower than last years ive predicted my mark to be between 58 and 62 so im right on the A border and hoping the B grade is lower in case i've done worse than predicted
Reply 276
I mixed up the two and so put them as coordinates but i'm guessing i would still get the working out mark
Original post by Pra99
I just checked and just x coordinates is fine. 😀
Original post by mockjam
A-60
B-54
C-48

sound reasonable?

Hmm, I'm thinking a bit higher. But hopefully the grade boundaries are low.
Voting poll for what we think will be the A grade boundary :smile: get voting and spread the word!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4099631
looking over the unoffical mark scheme im pretty sure I got all the questions right in section A, do you think its still possible to drop some marks even if you got all the answers correct (of course I showed all my working)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending