The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

What are the grade boundaries usually?
Original post by mockjam
who got 4y=3x+22?

I did!
Original post by juicebox55
On the last question i got k > 3/2
6^2 - (4x3(3+k)) < 0
36 - 24 - 8k < 0
12 -8k < 0
k > 12/8 simplified to 3/2?

I'm sure c was (-k-3) which made the equation
36+24+8k<0
60+8k<0
k<-15/2

Do you mind replying when the mark scheme is complete? :biggrin:
For the question where it asked you to find the roots i couldn't remember if that meant to write them as x = -1 or (x+1) so i wrote it in both forms, will i be penalised for this?
Original post by mockjam
I got that but also did an stupid working out error and got k< -60/8 and k>-60/8 will is till get most of the marks for correct workings

Yeah definitely at least 4/5 imo
For question 4 was it work out A in terms of C or C in terms of a because I think I did C in terms of a and got -7a/(3-2a)
Can anyone remember how many marks the last 2 questions were worth?
Reply 148
Original post by Nik12
was quite a good paper. I got the last question wrong for some reason i put k < 3/2 not sure why... Though most of the equations ended up using the formula for finding out x and y which was annoying, but it worked out fine.for section B the radius was 5 right? and the 7 marker on finding the roots did you guys get x = 1 and some weird surd?

For the tangent question all you had to do was find both gradients and when you multiply them it equals -1 which shows they are both perpendicular hence being at a right angle.

I got the same for k...
Original post by juicebox55
Can anyone remember how many marks the last 2 questions were worth?

Second last was out of 4, last was out of 5
Original post by erinls2
For question 4 was it work out A in terms of C or C in terms of a because I think I did C in terms of a and got -7a/(3-2a)

The question was A in terms of C unfortunately x
What does everyone think the A boundary is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by neymar69
What does everyone think the A boundary is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably 60
Reply 153
Original post by victoria_cw
i got 3/2 as well... how did people get 15/2??

Posted from TSR Mobile

i figured what we did wrong...

we got 36+24+8k < 0

but we did 8k< 12 (because we dont know how to add and take to the other side) when it should have been 8k<-60 ...

ugh im so friggin pissed with myself.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys. For the question which you had to firstly estimate the roots of the graph and then show that the two equations made all one equation which was a cubic and then find the exact roots. You did get 3 different roots right? I've seen on the post above that someone got x = 1 and then a weird surd however I got X = - 1 then did the polynomial division thing then got the other 2 roots as a surd using quadratic formula. Was is positive or negative 1 because looking at the image of the graph it definitely showed as X = -1 as it was all on the left hand side of the Y axis ? Thanks for any help anyone can give I am STRESSING
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GrOwL3hZzhJmn8rd9IyozRJX6e6-0fAlwbaEnJkJEnw/edit#

Unofficial mark scheme linked above.

Can you all please help with question 10 and 11. The question along with the answer is all that is needed. Thank you.
Original post by Realforce
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GrOwL3hZzhJmn8rd9IyozRJX6e6-0fAlwbaEnJkJEnw/edit#

Unofficial mark scheme linked above.

Can you all please help with question 10 and 11. The question along with the answer is all that is needed. Thank you.

Hi I am willing to help but I cant edit nor comment on the doc.
Original post by bethygirl
The question was A in terms of C unfortunately x

Dammit that's so frustrating - how many marks was it? XD
Original post by DrKillerX
Hi I am willing to help but I cant edit nor comment on the doc.

Try this link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GrOwL3hZzhJmn8rd9IyozRJX6e6-0fAlwbaEnJkJEnw/edit?usp=sharing
For Q6(i) wasn't it √50 + 3√8 = 11√2 or am I just remembering incorrectly lol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending