The Student Room Group

PRTC help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
weekend? my PRTC is tomorrow, been doing bleep tests past week and so far my best is 8:05, but that's alone, in a field with headphones and more than likely a ineffective warm up so my hopes are hope to scrape a 9.10. will be putting max effort in, if yours is next week I'll be sure to write again on Monday and give any helpful tips!
Original post by Sooty.
weekend? my PRTC is tomorrow, been doing bleep tests past week and so far my best is 8:05, but that's alone, in a field with headphones and more than likely a ineffective warm up so my hopes are hope to scrape a 9.10. will be putting max effort in, if yours is next week I'll be sure to write again on Monday and give any helpful tips!

Mine is 15 June so does give me a little panic time! Hope that yours goes well tomorrow. Will be sending lots of positive vibes and look forward to hearing tips
Reply 22
We don't have to do the functional skills do we if we have got the GCSEs in the English and maths? What you guys dreading the most?
Reply 23
According to my recruiter we do have to do fs even if we have GCSEs. And multi stage. You??
I'm expecting to have to do everything that way anything less is a bonus! I'm most nervous about the bleep test; running isn't my strong point :-(
Reply 25
Same but will let you know
Reply 26
On my email it says we don't have to do fs if you have the GCSEs though? Just practice hill sprints interval training for bleep test, and a endurance run every week
Reply 27
Ah man.i was given only 8 days notice for PRTC!
Reply 28
You all doing much revision for the 3 days?
Hi guys,

Did my PRTC late april, make sure you take your GCSE certificates and you will be Functional skills exempt, which is nice. We got to go home a day early because of it to! Fitness test is easier than i expected, if you can do your 1.5 mile you will ace it! :smile:

NorthFace
Original post by NorthFace
Hi guys,

Did my PRTC late april, make sure you take your GCSE certificates and you will be Functional skills exempt, which is nice. We got to go home a day early because of it to! Fitness test is easier than i expected, if you can do your 1.5 mile you will ace it! :smile:

NorthFace

Thanks NorthFace. Do you do the fitness test when you arrive on the Wednesday or on Thursday morning?
Original post by Izac11
You all doing much revision for the 3 days?

Think I'll mostly revise the RAF stations and aircraft as I did for my interview. Maybe a little of the functional skills just in case they don't accept my GCSEs
You do the fitness test as soon as you arrive on the Wednesday afternoon. Its get off the coach, get changed in to PT kit. A lot people expected to get lunch before, you don't. Make sure you have something to eat a few hours before! After that PRTC is just make sure you listen and take in advise and instructions! :smile:

NorthFace
Original post by NorthFace
You do the fitness test as soon as you arrive on the Wednesday afternoon. Its get off the coach, get changed in to PT kit. A lot people expected to get lunch before, you don't. Make sure you have something to eat a few hours before! After that PRTC is just make sure you listen and take in advise and instructions! :smile:

NorthFace

Awesome; thank you
Reply 34
C and above they accept it says on my email, so I'll be exempt, I hope so anyways! How did you prepare for it beforehand north face? Thanks
Original post by Izac11
C and above they accept it says on my email, so I'll be exempt, I hope so anyways! How did you prepare for it beforehand north face? Thanks

How did i prepare for PRTC? The biggest part of the PRTC is the fitness test, made sure i could nail that. Do a bit of GCSE english and maths revision (BBC bitesize is good for it) because everyone does sits the CBAT tests.

NorthFace
Reply 36
Okay, what's the cbat? Is that the bksb test? What trade are you in?
Reply 37
Okay sorry for the delay been working hatd, Do interval training and bot steady state runn, maybe practice the bleep test a few times. I got a 9.3 n was really close to being fine but missed the line. Still got through as was a narrow margin. Practice the turns. Gcse's do exempt you from doing key skills but you still have to do the tests. Dont give out any dates or times from hence forth. You won't be issued boots and eat before you get there! Pt straight away.
Hi Sooty,
Does the whole group run the bleep test at the same time? Or is it split into smaller groups or guys and girls?
Thanks.
Reply 39
Thats pending on the numbers i had to wait half an hour whilst other groups ran

Quick Reply

Latest