Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Sorry if this has already been posted - I couldn;t find it if it has been

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3846711.stm

(note: Edexcel said that the paper being sat "next tuesday" i.e. tomorrow was being changed.. but those are unit 6, unit 4 was last week........?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

(note: Edexcel said that the paper being sat "next tuesday" i.e. tomorrow was being changed.. but those are unit 6, unit 4 was last week........?)
    Yep, Edexcel are in the lead at the moment, with OCR not far behind in 2nd place.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....8&postcount=15
    omg... ukl's mysticmin knew that we would be asked about a linac in todays paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    i think the cyclotron bit is just stuck there so it wont look suspicious

(im joking... its quite a common topic... before mysticmin's house gets raided )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1M)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....8&postcount=15
    omg... ukl's mysticmin knew that we would be asked about a linac in todays paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    i think the cyclotron bit is just stuck there so it wont look suspicious

(im joking... its quite a common topic... before mysticmin's house gets raided )
    Often it's obvious; for example if a fairly substantial topic hasn't appeared for 2 years, it's pretty likely that it will turn up.
    Similarly with resists - If it didn't turn up last time round, it's likelier to do so on the re-sit.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why that happens, what's the point? They only change the papers anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    I don't understand why that happens, what's the point? They only change the papers anyway....
    From that ENTIRE LIST of AQA, OCR and Edexcel papers that may well have been stolen (probably have been, most of them), only 1/2 were repalced with new papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Checkey)
    From that ENTIRE LIST of AQA, OCR and Edexcel papers that may well have been stolen (probably have been, most of them), only 1/2 were repalced with new papers.
    omg! what cheats! What is the point in that? It wouldn't make me feel any better if i got a good grade through cheating, i would rather get a low grade but know that it was an honest low grade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    omg! what cheats! What is the point in that? It wouldn't make me feel any better if i got a good grade through cheating, i would rather get a low grade but know that it was an honest low grade!
    Yes, but cheaters don't think like that, all that matters is the printed letters! They probably get a kick out of deceiving the exam boards teachers etc. and cheating to get the grades they don't deserve.

ReputationRep:
    what - dont be stupid
    u would rather have a low grade than a high grade
    dont give me that moral bull****
    i would rather have an a than a c cos i need i f******* a to get into uni
    what course are u doin ? Food technology?
    a levels dont test ability they test how much you know about random ****
    i am not standing up for the cheaters
    i just think that they are lucky v. lucky *******s.
    when u get that **** mark on results day then feel **** u are not gonna feel better by thinking "oh well at least i tried honestly" u are gonna feel crap.thats how i felt last year. If u cheat u feel " oh well i could have probably done it anyway if i tried"
    diff at end of the day is that the cheater got a a gets into uni and u like me are sitting for another year.- what a ****in waste.
    i hate em but i wish i had the f***** paper
    its like dirty money- at end of the day its ****in money
    and your life shouldnt be obssesed with f******** money!
    just my 2 cents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

WHAT!!?
    i just dont believe this anymore. its almost funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodster)
    what - dont be stupid
    when u get that **** mark on results day then feel **** u are not gonna feel better by thinking "oh well at least i tried honestly" u are gonna feel crap.thats how i felt last year. If u cheat u feel " oh well i could have probably done it anyway if i tried"
    diff at end of the day is that the cheater got a a gets into uni and u like me are sitting for another year.- what a ****in waste.
    just my 2 cents
    or...you work hard, get the grade you deserve and feel good. if you miss it, you'll have backing of teachers who know what you are capable of, or u can resit. it's not just learning - u need to understand to be able to answer questions. surely you're more obsessed with not having the "f********" money and not being able to get hold of the papers than people revising hard?

(Original post by allisandro)
    or...you work hard, get the grade you deserve and feel good. if you miss it, you'll have backing of teachers who know what you are capable of, or u can resit. it's not just learning - u need to understand to be able to answer questions. surely you're more obsessed with not having the "f********" money and not being able to get hold of the papers than people revising hard?
    for a start, he doesn't know how many letters are in "****ing".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    for a start, he doesn't know how many letters are in "****ing".
    what made you think he meant that?

(Original post by S1M)
    what made you think he meant that?
    he had 6,8 and 9 letter "f" adjectives..hmm.. how about "fruity" for the first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    he had 6,8 and 9 letter "f" adjectives..hmm.. how about "fruity" for the first one?
    lol... maybe your right then

ReputationRep:
    what - dont be stupid
    yes i would and it's not moral ********, it's what i believe. If you get a high grade out of cheating, it isn't exactly going to help you in life. Once a cheat always a cheat and people will find that out soon enough. A reputation i would rather not have.

ReputationRep:
    what - dont be stupid
    just my 2 cents

whoa you have a major attitude problem! Cheating is just a short term solution, one day you'll get caught out.

ReputationRep:
    ( O.O )

i took my biology and maths exams at this "harrow park tutorial college" aswell!!!!
    i never knew somthing like this happend! ( O.O )

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.