Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    Is there anyone doing the masters in Forensic Anthropology? I was hoping to get a bit of info about the amount of contact hours and general amount of hours spent on self-directed study. Im moving from Northern Ireland to Bournemouth and i'll need to work so I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to live basically

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lis3)
    Hi all!
    Is there anyone doing the masters in Forensic Anthropology? I was hoping to get a bit of info about the amount of contact hours and general amount of hours spent on self-directed study. Im moving from Northern Ireland to Bournemouth and i'll need to work so I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to live basically

Thanks in advance
    Hi there Lis3,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student studying Business Studies at BU. I'm also a Student Ambassador here on The Student Room.

As you can see, I'm not a Forensic Anthropology student, nor am I a Post-Grad, but I'm good friends with a few of the students on the current cohort.

This semester the current group have got around 10 hours of contact time, with the same amount expected to be put into self-directed study. That changes a lot with upcoming exams and assignments, and the 24 hour lab is useful to have especially if you're working weekends or around lectures! It's possible to hold down a job, and a lot of people do so you won't be alone!

I hope that is helpful and if you have any more questions I'm more than happy to run it past the current group!

Steve Moss

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! You've put my mind at ease thank you 😊

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.