Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    planning to study Business Law LLB with a placement year. I amI have already picked Coventry as my firm which I need ABB and De Montfort as my insurance which I need 280 UCAS points for. I went to both open days and throughly enjoyed them both, not expensive to visit home often but far enough. But I'm not really sure I want to go to Coventry anymore. I know people in both universities already more in Coventry than DMU. I really like Coventry and it is ranked much higher than DMU but I'm not sure it is for me. My really close friend whos a year above already goes there, my close friend has an unconditional offer and our other close friend is planning to go to Leicester which is 5 minutes away. they both offer exactly the same course. Its cheaper to live in Leicester but the thing that is bothering me is that I dont know if I want to go to uni with my friends or have a fresh start. (though I know a lot of people who are planning to go) and the ranking places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco.Emina)
    I have already picked Coventry as my firm which I need ABB and De Montfort as my insurance which I need 280 UCAS points for. I went to both open days and throughly enjoyed, not to expensive to visit home often But I'm not really sure I want to go to Coventry anymore. I know people in both universities already more in Coventry than DMU. I really like Coventry and it is ranked much higher than DMU but I'm not sure it is for me. My really close friend whos a year above already goes there, my close friend has an unconditional choice and our other close friend is planning to go to Leicester which is 5 minutes away.
    You should never choose your university based on friends! You will most likely drift away from them and towards people with similar interests to you anyway, for example those on your course or in a society. Your university and course should be what's best for you, and not what's best for someone else!

Rant over.. I am at DMU and love the place! I don't personally know anyone who went to Coventry so I don't know much about the area or the university. If you have any questions about DMU which haven't already been answered, feel free to message me or just reply on this thread Be sure to quote me though or I won't see it.

What are you looking at studying? And what thoughts are behind your statement "I'm not really sure I want to go to Coventry any more"? Try and get to the bottom of what is putting you off choosing Coventry, and how important that factor is to you balanced against others. When I was looking at universities, I found it helpful to make a big chart and list everything I did and didn't like about each university and course, even if it was repetitive.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.