Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of it is down to the person them self putting effort into making a good social life for themselves. But overall which accommodation is seen to have the best social life I'm not fussed about whether or not I have an ensuite or double bed or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsdb)
    I know a lot of it is down to the person them self putting effort into making a good social life for themselves. But overall which accommodation is seen to have the best social life I'm not fussed about whether or not I have an ensuite or double bed or whatever
    Mainly depends on your flatmates. Every accommodation has it's 'party flats' though the trend tends to be that people only really pre drink in their flats and go out clubbing anyway. Unless you use the common rooms most accommodations aren't really big enough to cater for a 'house party' as such. Some people have said Lupton is really 'party' like, then I've had others tell me it's dead and that noise complaints have been lodged over TV's being too loud. Leodis again comes up in conversation and central village. Though it really does depend on who your flat mates are, or who you make friends with. In my flat only one person really likes to go out drinking, so she goes down to her friends flat, where they all like going out, so then they can use all the bedrooms and stuff for room.

But yeah most of the 'social' life is at clubs. I think it's rare to find a student who isn't £1000 into their overdraft because they've been to 'Fruity' every friday as well as the endless other club nights on throughout the week.

I guess the closer you are to campus the closer you are to the union which has stuff going on all the time

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.