Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone studying Adult Nursing at RGU could tell me more about the time table for the year. I was hoping to maybe get a part-time job whilst during my course for extra money but I'm not sure how easy this would be with placements etc? I know we also don't get the same holidays as everyone else. What's the kind of structure I can expect? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing nursing too, although mh. Am planning on getting a job because tbh couldn't afford uni otherwise!
    I know placement starts in term 2 and it's full time shifts in a block period and you can also be sent to the islands!
    But as far as I can gather they're pretty flexible (to an extent) as you need x amount of time with your mentor I believe but don't include you as a number on shifts.
    I'm planning on getting 0 hours/ bank work in support work and hoping I can transfer from where I work now, as it's what I do full time.
    But tbh no matter what you do it'll be a balancing act!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am first adult nursing student at rgu! The timetable is about 3-4 days a week. Some days you are in 9-5 and others you are in like 10-1 so it just depends. Our freshers week was quite full on last year compared to other courses, we were in 10-4 mon-fri. Most placements are ok with you having part time jobs, if you tell them in advance that you can not do weekends. Although it is a NMC requirement for you as a student to work the 24 hours service, meaning weekends and night shifts. Are you doing the 3 year or honours 4 year and I'll see if I can find our year course timetable which should be similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted to do both but decided to choose the 3 years. Circumstances have also recently changed at home (Inverness) so I was wondering if you know how easy it is to choose where you do your placements. I know they usually send you all over the place, but I would really love to not have to drop out and possibly try and do my placements in Inverness as much as possible?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! You can choose location of placements but it's only with nhs Grampian, Orkney and Shetland. So I think the nearest would be Elgin for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.