Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in a real dilemma and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm in the third year of a BA in International Relations and I've received offers for two postgraduate courses:

- MA Conflict, Security and Development at King's College London
    - MSc Gender at London School of Economics.

My interests are essentially intersections between conflict and gender. I would probably enjoy more courses at KCL but I would still find the LSE Gender MSc interesting.

My problem is - this masters is a stepping stone for me. My intention is going into consultancy, so I just want to pick the degree which will help me out the most. In the corporate world, I think LSE has an edge over KCL, but does this change when you consider the course content? What do you think? Which degree course would be best?

Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wonder what the deal was with gender studies if I were hiring. But do you know what modules or strands are available in it? If you can sell the content of the course (as well as the name of the school), you might be able to get past the 'gender' thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camilli)
    I'd wonder what the deal was with gender studies if I were hiring. But do you know what modules or strands are available in it? If you can sell the content of the course (as well as the name of the school), you might be able to get past the 'gender' thing.
    Thanks for the advice. There's a gender and militarisation course I can always sell. Here's the list of modules: http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calen..._MScGender.htm

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a lot of gender going on.

Which might not be a problem if you're looking at marketing kinds of stuff.
    Or if you know the inside of your consulting firm and can make a strong link between the skills you're picking up and what they do.

Hard for me to say. It's not my thing, but I'm sure there's someone out there who is making good use of it. I wouldn't want to stop you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.