The Student Room Group

New school uniform

My school is introducing a new more simple practical uniform. My new head teacher introduced the idea around February and parents and students voted on weather to change the uniform 80 percent said yes including me. What's people's opinion ?
New uniform
School jumper
School polo shirt
School trousers
School shoes / plain black plimsolls or black trainers as alternative no boots or heels
Old uniform
School blazer
School tie
School shirt
School trousers
School shoes no trainers boots or heels

Scroll to see replies

Personally, I'd rather have the smarter, "old" uniform because that's what my school uniform has been my entire life :tongue:
I'd prefer the 'old' uniform because it seems smarter. My secondary school did the opposite change when I was there, from polos etc to shirts and I quite liked it. Most other people didn't of course.
Reply 3
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
I'd prefer the 'old' uniform because it seems smarter. My secondary school did the opposite change when I was there, from polos etc to shirts and I quite liked it. Most other people didn't of course.

How did u like it I hate it lol so glad we're changing
The 'old' uniform seems far better imo.
Original post by Tomo5000
How did u like it I hate it lol so glad we're changing

Felt better wearing it. My school had a bad reputation, the old uniform was around for many years so it was nice to be associated with a newer look I guess.
Reply 6
Old and traditional is better imo
Reply 7
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
Felt better wearing it. My school had a bad reputation, the old uniform was around for many years so it was nice to be associated with a newer look I guess.

Think my school has had my old uniform for years and we finally changing 😃
Reply 8
Original post by M14B
Old and traditional is better imo

How is it ?
Reply 9
image.jpgWhen I can get the new uniform hopefully friday I can wear my daps with it not supposed to wear them with the current / old uniform
Reply 10
We can buy the new uniform from Friday I think but it's not compulsory until September
We can buy the new uniform from Friday I think but it's not compulsory until September

What sort of school do you go to? E.g. grammar, comprehensive, private etc.
Reply 12
Normal secondary school
Reply 13

We got told today that we can get the new uniform on Thursday
Reply 14
I got the new uniform on Wednesday
Blazers and ties are smart and should been worn with pride
Original post by Mark Withers

My school is introducing a new more simple practical uniform. My new head teacher introduced the idea around February and parents and students voted on weather to change the uniform 80 percent said yes including me. What's people's opinion ?
New uniform
School jumper
School polo shirt
School trousers
School shoes / plain black plimsolls or black trainers as alternative no boots or heels
Old uniform
School blazer
School tie
School shirt
School trousers
School shoes no trainers boots or heels

All schools should only have one uniform
Original post by Mark Withers

I wear mine on weekends for comfort
Old thread!

My opinion on uniform is it must not come from only one supplier.
Schools should in force rules on pupils wearing uniform

Latest