The Student Room Group

Software programs

Hi,
I am doing an assignment and i would like to know the quality of animation for all these programs and if you don't mind which is the better out of all of them
Thank you

Adobe Flash
Maya
Blender
TrueSpace
Dream Studio
Original post by Anton01
Hi,
I am doing an assignment and i would like to know the quality of animation for all these programs and if you don't mind which is the better out of all of them
Thank you

Adobe Flash
Maya
Blender
TrueSpace
Dream Studio

Hi Anton!

I am currently an animation student at Ravensbourne. Terms of your question, it depends on your assignment output, for example Adobe Flash is more of a web design appropriate for 2D animation. However the rest of them are more 3D based.

I have experience with Adobe Flash, Maya and Blender but the the other two are less commonly heard of. Blender has a similar interface to Maya but I find Maya to be better for animating, whether Blender you could model then export into Maya. So it could also depend on whether you are just making a final model, or you are creating an animation piece. Typically I just do everything in Maya and I use Zbrush more for organic Modelling. Adobe Flash is more suited for a cel-shaded style of animation.

I hope this helps,
Jay :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi Anton!

I am currently an animation student at Ravensbourne. Terms of your question, it depends on your assignment output, for example Adobe Flash is more of a web design appropriate for 2D animation. However the rest of them are more 3D based.

I have experience with Adobe Flash, Maya and Blender but the the other two are less commonly heard of. Blender has a similar interface to Maya but I find Maya to be better for animating, whether Blender you could model then export into Maya. So it could also depend on whether you are just making a final model, or you are creating an animation piece. Typically I just do everything in Maya and I use Zbrush more for organic Modelling. Adobe Flash is more suited for a cel-shaded style of animation.

I hope this helps,
Jay :biggrin:

Thanks very much for this information, it was helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest