Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd really appreciate it if somebody could help.
    I'm an EU student and I have my fees paid by SAAS directly to university. I'm currently doing a two-year HND course, I'm supposed to get my HNC this year.
    I've gotten accepted for a degree course starting September 2016 at another uni in Scotland (my fees will be paid by SAAS, I've already gotten the letter) and therefore I'm not coming back for HND.
    What I'm really worried about is that I'd have to pay my current uni fees if I failed this year! Is it possible that I'll be liable to this?
    Thank you in advance for replies!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by b witched)
    Hi, I'd really appreciate it if somebody could help.
    I'm an EU student and I have my fees paid by SAAS directly to university. I'm currently doing a two-year HND course, I'm supposed to get my HNC this year.
    I've gotten accepted for a degree course starting September 2016 at another uni in Scotland (my fees will be paid by SAAS, I've already gotten the letter) and therefore I'm not coming back for HND.
    What I'm really worried about is that I'd have to pay my current uni fees if I failed this year! Is it possible that I'll be liable to this?
    Thank you in advance for replies!
    SLC/SAAS will cover your fees as long as you are attending the course. If you complete the year (attend final exams, submit coursework, attend timetabled sessions) then your fees will be paid even if you fail.

You will start repaying in the April after you finish studying if you earn above the threshold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    SLC/SAAS will cover your fees as long as you are attending the course. If you complete the year (attend final exams, submit coursework, attend timetabled sessions) then your fees will be paid even if you fail.

You will start repaying in the April after you finish studying if you earn above the threshold.
    Thanks for the reply! So do I get this right, I just can't drop out of the course and I won't have to repay my fees even if I end up failing?
    BTW fees are non-repayable in my case, and I don't get loan or bursary - fees only

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.