Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what days first year students spend in university studying?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently coming towards the end of 1st year. We were mainly in on Monday, tuesday and friday 9-5.

Wednesday and Thursday were directed study days. However sometimes had lectures allocated on these days too.

But when your on placement you'll work 37.5 hours per week. Holidays off try to be the same as all local schools. However for summer the first 3 weeks out of the 6 weeks can be a consolidation period for if you have missed any placement time or loads of theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2303)
    Hi I'm currently coming towards the end of 1st year. We were mainly in on Monday, tuesday and friday 9-5.

Wednesday and Thursday were directed study days. However sometimes had lectures allocated on these days too.

But when your on placement you'll work 37.5 hours per week. Holidays off try to be the same as all local schools. However for summer the first 3 weeks out of the 6 weeks can be a consolidation period for if you have missed any placement time or loads of theory

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the information, can I ask what sort of placements that you have had during your first year, were the shifts or Monday to Friday 9-5 type placements?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No worries, I'm a mental health nursing student so my placements were in the community and a nursing home. I know some adult nurses placements were at the local hospital on the wards. The shift time for community is Monday - Friday 9-5 and some ward will let you do long days although the uni doesn't recommend doing long day and would advise you to do Monday - Friday so you get as much experience as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also you will be allocated a peer mentor for your first year. This will be a 2nd or 3rd year student nurse who should contact you by email (university email) before you commence the course. So keep checking your emails like. I found my peer mentor really helpful when starting last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also you will be allocated a peer mentor for your first year. This will be a 2nd or 3rd year student nurse who should contact you by email (university email) before you commence the course. So keep checking your emails. I found my peer mentor really helpful when starting last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.