Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to achieve 2 undergraduate degrees in completely different fields? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is just a thought that I had.... please do share your knowledge and opinion...
    I am currently doing my AS levels and aim to get into a degree to do with business and economics but in the back of my mind i have always had the dream of becoming a commercial pilot and there are degrees that train you to become a fully licensed commercial pilot . So after getting my degree in business or economics etc do you think its possible further on in life to get a pilot studies degree which is not really related to each other anyway but would be something i would enjoy equally as much. I would appreciate any opinions....
    Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    yes its all money time and ability

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money to do so. I've got an undergrad and masters degrees and am studying for another completely unrelated undergrad right now as I changed my career path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Curious01)
    This is just a thought that I had.... please do share your knowledge and opinion...
    I am currently doing my AS levels and aim to get into a degree to do with business and economics but in the back of my mind i have always had the dream of becoming a commercial pilot and there are degrees that train you to become a fully licensed commercial pilot . So after getting my degree in business or economics etc do you think its possible further on in life to get a pilot studies degree which is not really related to each other anyway but would be something i would enjoy equally as much. I would appreciate any opinions....
    Thanks!
    yeh can do a teaching degree in a year so yeh easily have two degrees. not a bad idea for swapping careers if yeh want/need to
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Mr.Curious01)
    Thanks!
    I can find business degrees that might be more affordable to fund privately, such as with BPP University, which would be neccessary assuming the government continues with only funding your first degree. Saying that, you cannot guarantee how much BPP will charge in the future, and you MIGHT earn more money by doing a business degree first (big assumptions here).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    If you have the money to do so. I've got an undergrad and masters degrees and am studying for another completely unrelated undergrad right now as I changed my career path.
    How did you finance your second undergrad degree?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's the main thing i guess time and money...After getting a business degree there are more chances of earning immedietly albeit less than what i pilot would because it can sometimes take a fully licensed pilot 2-3 years to land a secure job with a decent airline.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    which degree do you have atm if you dont mind me asking and what are you studying for ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes possible, but realistically unaffordable. You will only be funded by student finance for one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    How did you finance your second undergrad degree?
    Mostly my savings but my spouse generously contributes as well.

ReputationRep:
    Graduate entry law and medicine, both undergraduate degrees, are two examples of this happening more frequently, though are probably more readily regarded as 'professional degrees'.

ReputationRep:
    Open uni is also considerably cheaper so personally I'd do aviation at brick uni and business via distance learning.

In my case I am psychology undergrad with a foundation degree in counselling - which I can top up to a ba/bsc if I wanted to. But I am aiming for PhD as my main route so I won't be topping it up any time soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.