Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im going to be at a law firm next week and will be meeting some solicitors, im in year 12 so not very knowledgeable of the legal sector, i want to ask really good questions in terms of their work and what they do in order to create a good conversation, its at a corporate law firm if that helps

thanks for any help, i'll be tremendously grateful
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Find out about the firm and what it does. All solicitors are not the same.
    Find out about them as people as well.
    Ask things that genuinely interest you.
    Dont try and impress because theyve seen it all before.

Year 12 is old enough to do all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Punkrockfan)
    im going to be at a law firm next week and will be meeting some solicitors, im in year 12 so not very knowledgeable of the legal sector, i want to ask really good questions in terms of their work and what they do in order to create a good conversation, its at a corporate law firm if that helps

thanks for any help, i'll be tremendously grateful
    It's good to ask them about what made them do what they do, what interests them about their work now, why they work where they do etc.

It will also show foresight if you ask how they see things changing for solicitors generally over the next few years, and their firm in particular. The market's undergoing a lot of change at the moment, and has been for some years now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    It's good to ask them about what made them do what they do, what interests them about their work now, why they work where they do etc.

It will also show foresight if you ask how they see things changing for solicitors generally over the next few years, and their firm in particular. The market's undergoing a lot of change at the moment, and has been for some years now.
    yes, thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.