Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance for nursing students watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do nursing next year at uni.I'm just applying for student finance. I've been asked where I'll be spending most of my time in terms 1, 2 and 3- do I put work placement for term 3 or university (as I don't know anything about my work placements yet)?
    I've emailed my firm choice to ask this question but it's been two weeks and they still haven't replied- any other suggestions on how to contact them?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SarahHargreaves)
    I've applied to do nursing next year at uni.I'm just applying for student finance. I've been asked where I'll be spending most of my time in terms 1, 2 and 3- do I put work placement for term 3 or university (as I don't know anything about my work placements yet)?
    I've emailed my firm choice to ask this question but it's been two weeks and they still haven't replied- any other suggestions on how to contact them?
    Put university

ReputationRep:
    I've just started my NHS bursary forms and reduced maintenance loan. Is that all the student finance I can apply for? I'm worried I'll miss something important and then be left with no money to survive :/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by beckyyhenderson)
    I've just started my NHS bursary forms and reduced maintenance loan. Is that all the student finance I can apply for? I'm worried I'll miss something important and then be left with no money to survive :/
    Yes I m afraid it is. Have you spoken to your parents about them supporting you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yes I m afraid it is. Have you spoken to your parents about them supporting you?
    Oh well. I have and they're prepared to help me out but I just didn't like the idea of them being my sole supporters since by my working I'll only be left with about £20 a week for supplies etc. I have some savings put aside too so hopefully all will be ok. Thanks though
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh well. I have and they're prepared to help me out but I just didn't like the idea of them being my sole supporters since by my working I'll only be left with about £20 a week for supplies etc. I have some savings put aside too so hopefully all will be ok. Thanks though
    By supplies do you mean food or ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    By supplies do you mean food or ?
    Anything other than rent really, so food, travel and anything I need for school in general. I realise it's probably doable but it'll be real tight
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Anything other than rent really, so food, travel and anything I need for school in general. I realise it's probably doable but it'll be real tight
    Depending on your bursary amount, your travel may get covered. Apart from stationary you shouldnt need to buy anything supplies wise. Also look into an overdraft as a back up.

ReputationRep:
    im the same but ive rang student finance and they said thats all we are entitled to im really worried im only gonna have £70 a week to live on and thats not even talking about my rent!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinmcguinness)
    im the same but ive rang student finance and they said thats all we are entitled to im really worried im only gonna have £70 a week to live on and thats not even talking about my rent!!!
    It's such a stress having to worry about making sure we have enough money to get by!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.