Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Automatically watching threads??? Watch

This is so annoying. I can't figure out how to change my settings do that I don't automatically "watch" every thread that I've posted in. I can unwatch them, but how do I stop them being added to my watch list in the first place? I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    This is so annoying. I can't figure out how to change my settings do that I don't automatically "watch" every thread that I've posted in. I can unwatch them, but how do I stop them being added to my watch list in the first place? I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious here.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...do=editoptions

Go down to 'Default Thread Watching Mode' and switch to 'Do not watch'

ReputationRep:
    Go to 'Edit my account options' and change your thread watching settings to 'Do not watch'

ReputationRep:
    Ah great, I was having this problem too - I just thought people were just used to it, I'm currently watching ~130 threads
    I get emails non-stop about them

(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...do=editoptions

Go down to 'Default Thread Watching Mode' and switch to 'Do not watch'
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Go to 'Edit my account options' and change your thread watching settings to 'Do not watch'
    You have saved my mental well being THANK YOU!!!

(Original post by KaylaB)
    Ah great, I was having this problem too - I just thought people were just used to it, I'm currently watching ~130 threads
    I get emails non-stop about them
    Haha glad I wasn't the only one missing this!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.