Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am intending to live at home for uni however I am pretty sure that I am gonna get a part time job or my parents might help me financially.

Should I still apply for some money just in case or can I apply for more once I start uni.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If they offer you one take it. You dont have to use it. You could lose your job or might wnat to ditch it at exam times.

ReputationRep:
    You can always donate it to me if you don't want it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    You can always donate it to me if you don't want it
    sorry I promised to invest in this Nigerian Prince I met in McDonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    sorry I promised to invest in this Nigerian Prince I met in McDonalds.
    Yeah that's my mate Ahmed, I'll give it to him for you

ReputationRep:
    How are you entitled to a maintenance loan if you're going to be living at home anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's my mate Ahmed, I'll give it to him for you
    Though he was called Olantunjinati?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Though he was called Olantunjinati?
    That's his nickname

ReputationRep:
    That's his nickname
    Lol. I'm confused but how do you know him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Lol. I'm confused but how do you know him?
    We're old schoolmates, we used to call him 'Olantunjinati the LAD'

ReputationRep:
    We're old schoolmates, we used to call him 'Olantunjinati the LAD'
    Wow thats actually true. He also told me about a 'KaylaB' that always used to tell lies. Do you know who that might be, KaylaB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guls)
    Wow thats actually true. He also told me about a 'KaylaB' that always used to tell lies. Do you know who that might be, KaylaB?
    There was this old skank with that name when we were at school, so it might be her. It's a pretty common name anyway, so who knows :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AJ KO)
    How are you entitled to a maintenance loan if you're going to be living at home anyway?
    All students, subject to the usual criteria, are entitled to a maintenance loan whether they live at home or elsewhere in the UK.

OP - I'd take it. You may wiah to move out (as some students do) in your second year and may need the money for deposit on a house, etc.

ReputationRep:
    There was this old skank with that name when we were at school, so it might be her. It's a pretty common name anyway, so who knows :dontknow:
    lol whats a skank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    All students, subject to the usual criteria, are entitled to a maintenance loan whether they live at home or elsewhere in the UK.

OP - I'd take it. You may wiah to move out (as some students do) in your second year and may need the money for deposit on a house, etc.
    Thanks. Any recommendation to how much?

ReputationRep:
    Take it, take as much as you can, then put it into something that'll generate interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Take it, take as much as you can, then put it into something that'll generate interest.
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    Odds are you won't have to pay it all back, and if you do, it won't be much more than you borrowed taking inflation into account.

If you put it in an investment fund you could easily make more interest than the government will charge you for the loan.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.