Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tell someone how much you love them. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aadil10)
    We've beaten Bayern before (Aguero's legendary skills) so maybe we can do it again? Real aren't doing brilliant either tbh, so maybe we could surprise them
    Hm true, but if its Bayern's good day, then we might be a tad bit screwed. Either way, they're all good teams and its going to be a good game anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i love....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ellen Degeneres :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Hm true, but if its Bayern's good day, then we might be a tad bit screwed. Either way, they're all good teams and its going to be a good game anyway.
    I think Pellegrini has left a respectable man whether we progress or not. I rate him highly.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    I don't like drama, though.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry2: :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :mmm:

That was a dig.
    If it was a dig at anyone, it was a dig at the report happy among us. Stop looking for reasons to dislike me. :sad:

You want me to extend the rep boycott? :fuhrer:
    As has been established, no, I do not. :sad:

I'm the only Welsh person you know. You only use this many spoilers with me. It's simple enough. :emo:
    ARH? :holmes:

There's no such thing as an English national. We're all British nationals, whether we identify as English or Welsh (I identify as neither when I'm being serious, but I'm not).
    I did think the terminology wasn't right, but - given it wasn't the focal point of what I was saying - I didn't think it would matter. I'd forgotten it was you I was talking to. :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, that whole "grew up in Saudi" thing was going to be my next point. :holmes:

Okay, but you're not allowed to support Clinton. That's my only condition.
    Out of all the candidates, do you think it'd be Clinton I'd allign myself with? :lol:

This is more than doable. :awesome:

If I remember by then, sure.
    Deal.

Our first interaction was regarding the bad arguments directory you mentioned, on one of TheCitizenAct's threads. I remember it well. TCA was banned in early January, and I've no memory of you before December, so it must have been December, then.
    The demand for that thread still exists. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, this is a change. :lol: Usually, I'll remind someone of a time we interacted and they won't remember. :sad:

I'm still better than you in this respect. That's enough for me. :smug:
    Well, odds would suggest it had to happen eventually. I'll let you have your moment.

Spoiler:
    Show
    How many quotes am I on, though? :holmes:

It's not my dream to be a proofreader. :lol: It's just an easy job that I'm apparently good at (and that apparently has a lot of unexpressed demand) and I could really use the money. Yet, no employment for Hydeman. :emo:
    I didn't think it was. :rofl: You want to go into medicine, don't you? :holmes:

Could you not set up a site? I've seen people do that in that kind of area, although bringing attention to that site in order to gain customers is the main issue. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I take that as an insult.
    "I'm of the opinion that offense is taken, not given."

Sound familiar?

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was an insult on TSR's emojis, not you. :console:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Wait -- are you saying you'd be open to sexual favours? I've always been into grey-haired leaders of national political parties, you know.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel the fact I promised you my firstborn should be enough, to be honest. :hand:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Corbyn is something of a fox. :mmm:

(Original post by acupofgreentea)
    If it was a dig at anyone, it was a dig at the report happy among us. Stop looking for reasons to dislike me. :sad:

As has been established, no, I do not. :sad:
    You poor thing. I almost feel sorry for you. :rofl:

ARH? :holmes:
    What?

I did think the terminology wasn't right, but - given it wasn't the focal point of what I was saying - I didn't think it would matter. I'd forgotten it was you I was talking to. :sigh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, that whole "grew up in Saudi" thing was going to be my next point. :holmes:
    And don't you ever forget again. :shakecane:

Spoiler:
    Show
    What's growing up in Saudi got to do with it? :confused:

Out of all the candidates, do you think it'd be Clinton I'd allign myself with? :lol:

This is more than doable. :awesome:
    Well, she is the only woman running and you seem like the type to think that a woman in the White House is an endgoal worth pursuing for its own sake. Sorry if that's a gross misjudgement. xD Good to know that you're compliant with my will, though. :yep:

The demand for that thread still exists. :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, this is a change. :lol: Usually, I'll remind someone of a time we interacted and they won't remember. :sad:
    It shall have to wait. :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have an annoyingly good memory for these things. I spoke to a guy with whom I'd briefly spoken a year ago yesterday and he seemed scared that I remembered which university he went to, which party he supported, and even that he'd done GCSE Religious Studies in year 9 and was proud of it. Don't think he'll be talking to me again. :lol:

How many quotes am I on, though? :holmes:
    78, and in ninth place (eighth if we discount Anonymous).

I didn't think it was. :rofl: You want to go into medicine, don't you? :holmes:
    No. :emo: Don't ask; long story.

Could you not set up a site? I've seen people do that in that kind of area, although bringing attention to that site in order to gain customers is the main issue. :holmes:
    That takes time and money, though, and I have neither. :lol: All the jobs available to school-leavers seem to for people who actually like spending time in other people's company. :moon:

"I'm of the opinion that offense is taken, not given."

Sound familiar?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was an insult on TSR's emojis, not you. :console:
    I would never spell 'offence' like that. :hmmm:

(Yes, it sounds familiar. :sigh: :getmecoat:)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Whatever. :huff:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel the fact I promised you my firstborn should be enough, to be honest. :hand:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Corbyn is somewhat of a fox. :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's more than one way of interpreting that promise, if you get what I mean.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I prefer Cameron. :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    ^^^ I'd have to go to sleep for a considerable amount of time if I put that much effort into my posts :eek:

You poor thing. I almost feel sorry for you. :rofl:
    You're the cause for it.

I don't want your "almost" pity. I want my ban lifted. :noway:

What?
    ARH - or angryredhead - is Welsh and I know her. :lol: Disregarding that, though, I spent a lot of time in South Wales when I was younger so I know quite a few people from Wales.

I do not use spoilers with ARH or people I know in real life who are Welsh, although I'm not entirely sure how spoiler disclaimers would work in actual conversation. :erm:

Welshaphobe accusation debunked.

Spoiler:
    Show
    What's growing up in Saudi got to do with it? :confused:
    If you grew up in Saudi, I would have imagined it could be a little more blurred as to whether you actually identified as Welsh, despite currently residing there.

Well, she is the only woman running and you seem like the type to think that a woman in the White House is an endgoal worth pursuing for its own sake. Sorry if that's a gross misjudgement. xD
    That's actually the most you've ever offended me. :rofl:

I really don't like that logic of supporting someone just because they're female (and I have been called out for not supporting her before now for that reason :sigh:). I'm a feminist, yes, but I'm going to support a person first and foremost based on how well I allign with them. Clinton is not that for me.

Good to know that you're compliant with my will, though. :yep:
    These were views I already held. Don't think too highly of yourself. :hand:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have an annoyingly good memory for these things. I spoke to a guy with whom I'd briefly spoken a year ago yesterday and he seemed scared that I remembered which university he went to, which party he supported, and even that he'd done GCSE Religious Studies in year 9 and was proud of it. Don't think he'll be talking to me again. :lol:
    His loss.

Spoiler:
    Show
    That is rather impressive. :holmes: I think you may outdo even me in the memory game.

78, and in ninth place (eighth if we discount Anonymous).
    So it would seem, quotes wise, we're pretty on par. Also, wasn't I around the fifteenth mark the first time you checked?

It would appear I have risen in the ranks. :woo: Even if Hydeman has, too.

No. :emo: Don't ask; long story.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh. Sorry for bringing it up. :console: Hope things are going okay.

That takes time and money, though, and I have neither. :lol: All the jobs available to school-leavers seem to for people who actually like spending time in other people's company. :moon:
    Social interaction does tend to be a key part of most jobs, yes. :holmes:

I'm trying to think of jobs that don't require that. Writer?

I feel the social interaction thing may be something you'll have to compromise on. If it helps, there are a lot of people who work in jobs that require social interaction that don't like it, either.

Is this a long-term or short-term job you're looking for?

I would never spell 'offence' like that. :hmmm:
    What a good little spellchecker.

Spoiler:
    Show
    There's more than one way of interpreting that promise, if you get what I mean.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Interpret it in whatever way means the lift of my ban. :innocent:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I prefer Cameron. :teehee:
    I don't think you're his type. You lack a certain swine ne sai quoi. :holmes:

(Original post by iEthan)
    x
    Did you go the doctors? :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was meant to be going to sleep two hours ago. :sigh:

You're the cause for it.

I don't want your "almost" pity. I want my ban lifted. :noway:
    Don't be so demanding. :hand:

ARH - or angryredhead - is Welsh and I know her. :lol: Disregarding that, though, I spent a lot of time in South Wales when I was younger so I know quite a few people from Wales.

I do not use spoilers with ARH or people I know in real life who are Welsh, although I'm not entirely sure how spoiler disclaimers would work in actual conversation. :erm:

Welshaphobe accusation debunked.
    Lies, damn lies and fabrications. You're a Welshaphobe, and that's that. :emo:

If you grew up in Saudi, I would have imagined it could be a little more blurred as to whether you actually identified as Welsh, despite currently residing there.
    I don't; if you'd remember with that brilliant memory of yours, I earlier mentioned that I only identify as Welsh when I'm not being serious.

That's actually the most you've ever offended me. :rofl:
    The honour is all mine.

These were views I already held.
    Suuuurre, they were. And I'm totally not commitment-phobic. :rolleyes:

Don't think too highly of yourself. :hand:
    That I will, regardless of anything you say or do.

Spoiler:
    Show
    That is rather impressive. :holmes: I think you may outdo even me in the memory game.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I always win at these things. :moon:
    So it would seem, quotes wise, we're pretty on par. Also, wasn't I around the fifteenth mark the first time you checked?

It would appear I have risen in the ranks. :woo: Even if Hydeman has, too.
    This must be the crowning moment of your existence. :cry2: :proud:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:
    Social interaction does tend to be a key part of most jobs, yes. :holmes:

I'm trying to think of jobs that don't require that. Writer?
    I wish. :sigh: A lot of the freelance stuff is saturated with people with tonnes more experience and ratings. Also, non-fiction like argumentative essays on the issues of the day, it turns out, are not in demand.

I feel the social interaction thing may be something you'll have to compromise on. If it helps, there are a lot of people who work in jobs that require social interaction that don't like it, either.

Is this a long-term or short-term job you're looking for?
    Meh, don't worry about it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Interpret it in whatever way means the lift of my ban. :innocent:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not sure the full extent of the innuendo is sinking in here. :lol: Think about how else, except the obvious way, the promise that you would give me your firstborn can be interpreted, and do so with your mind in the gutter.
    I don't think you're his type. You lack a certain swine ne sai quoi. :holmes:
    That was cheap.

I was meant to be going to sleep two hours ago. :sigh:
    And yet here you are, in my arms. :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Cheesy as hell, no?

Don't be so demanding. :hand:
    There you go again, stifling my talents. :sad:

Lies, damn lies and fabrications. You're a Welshaphobe, and that's that. :emo:
    I present a good argument and you resort to Welshaphobe accusations. Typical. :rolleyes:

I don't; if you'd remember with that brilliant memory of yours, I earlier mentioned that I only identify as Welsh when I'm not being serious.
    I was explaining my thought process pre-you saying this as you were wondering why I would have brought Saudi into it.

It has since been revealed that I was right in my thinking, yes.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, only identifying as Welsh when joking. Are you inferring being Welsh is something to joke about? That sounds rather Welshphobic to me. :hand:

And I'm totally not commitment-phobic. :rolleyes:
    You bring in the committment-phobic thing so much you've committed to the committment-phobic label. :holmes:

The irony. :rofl:

That I will, regardless of anything you say or do.
    With all the uncertainties I face in life, it's nice I can always be comforted in the fact your ego will always remain. :awesome:

I wish. :sigh: A lot of the freelance stuff is saturated with people with tonnes more experience and ratings. Also, non-fiction like argumentative essays on the issues of the day, it turns out, are not in demand.
    Yes, I suppose the few outlets that are dedicated to that are hard to get into.

If it is something you'd want to get into, you could - for now - offer up your writing for smaller outlets to gain experience (ones that won't be as picky with their entry requirements)? Even if it's for free for now, think of the amount you write on TSR when debating - I feel it'd be managable.

Of course, that doesn't solve your current income problem. :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not sure the full extent of the innuendo is sinking in here. :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, it did. My statement remains. :innocent:

That was cheap.
    :danceboy:

And yet here you are, in my arms. :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Cheesy as hell, no?
    How committmentphobic of you. :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was like something straight out of a romance novel. :daydreaming: Perhaps you are pursuing the wrong avenue of writing. :holmes:

There you go again, stifling my talents. :sad:
    If being demanding can be considered a talent, yes.

I present a good argument and you resort to Welshaphobe accusations. Typical. :rolleyes:
    Silence your racist Welshaphobia, Welshaphobe. :hand:

I was explaining my thought process pre-you saying this as you were wondering why I would have brought Saudi into it.

It has since been revealed that I was right in my thinking, yes.
    I don't remember what this is about so: whatever. :cool:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, only identifying as Welsh when joking. Are you inferring being Welsh is something to joke about? That sounds rather Welshphobic to me. :hand:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No. It's called being an internationalist (who's still voting to leave the EU ) and therefore taking the piss out of nationalism through self-parody.

You bring in the committment-phobic thing so much you've committed to the committment-phobic label. :holmes:

The irony. :rofl:
    Commitment-phobia refers specifically to interpersonal commitment. Suck on that, cup.

With all the uncertainties I face in life, it's nice I can always be comforted in the fact your ego will always remain. :awesome:
    Glad to be of service. :hat2: :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    No, it did. My statement remains. :innocent:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If it did, you'd see that this is no different to the sexual favours thing. :toofunny:

:danceboy:
    I've copyrighted that emoji. You may no longer use it.

© Hydeman Plc. 2016

How committmentphobic of you. :rolleyes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was like something straight out of a romance novel. :daydreaming: Perhaps you are pursuing the wrong avenue of writing. :holmes:
    Play along, would you. :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's what I was going for. And no, I have no wish to produce cheese for a living -- let the cows do that. :hand: Or better yet, go vegan. :fuhrer:

If being demanding can be considered a talent, yes.
    Everything I do is considered a talent.

Silence your racist Welshaphobia, Welshaphobe. :hand:
    Welsh is not a race. :hand:

I don't remember what this is about so: whatever. :cool:
    You were saying about that great memory you posess? :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    No. It's called being an internationalist (who's still voting to leave the EU ) and therefore taking the piss out of nationalism through self-parody.
    So ... Welshaphobe. :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course you're in support of leaving the EU. Must you disagree with me on everything? :sigh:

Suck on that, cup.
    Why do you never capitalise "cup" when using it as noun? :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, I'll leave the sucking for my ban lifting negotiations, thanks.

Spoiler:
    Show
    If it did, you'd see that this is no different to the sexual favours thing. :toofunny:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If you look back, I never specifically eliminated the possibility of sexual favours. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a tad confused as to how you think there's even a slight possibility I could have missed the innuendo the first time. :rofl:

I've copyrighted that emoji. You may no longer use it.

© Hydeman Plc. 2016
    :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy:

Bite me. :hand:

Play along, would you. :sigh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's what I was going for. And no, I have no wish to produce cheese for a living -- let the cows do that. :hand: Or better yet, go vegan. :fuhrer:
    No. :hand:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I prefer dystopian fiction. :hand: You complain about your financial struggles, then discard a financially gainful path you show promise for. Stop being difficult. :sigh: (It is true that there is a much bigger market for romance writers, though. :holmes:)

Also, cows do not produce cheese. They produce the milk that goes into cheese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    waaav u, happy 6 months <3

Wuboooooooooo

Everything I do is considered a talent.
    You see now why I wanted the sexual favours?

Welsh is not a race. :hand:
    Silence, you racist Welshaphobe.

You were saying about that great memory you posess? :holmes:
    It retains important information. Make of that what you will.

So ... Welshaphobe. :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course you're in support of leaving the EU. Must you disagree with me on everything? :sigh:
    No, you simpleton. Go read what I said again.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not tribal in my politics, so I suppose it depends on the situation. :beard:

Why do you never capitalise "cup" when using it as noun? :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, I'll leave the sucking for my ban lifting negotiations, thanks.
    Because that would imply respect that I don't feel. :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The things some people will do for virtual gems. :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    If you look back, I never specifically eliminated the possibility of sexual favours. :holmes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a tad confused as to how you think there's even a slight possibility I could have missed the innuendo the first time. :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm, you're right. :holmes: See you at my place on Saturday, I suppose.

Well, I don't think there that many people as dirty-minded as I. :innocent:

:danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy:

Bite me. :hand:
    Prepare to be sued into oblivion, little cup. :mwuaha:

No. :hand:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, cows do not produce cheese. They produce the milk that goes into cheese.
    Hmm, that's a shame. I was thinking of being kind and lifting the rep ban with no concessions on your part, but looks like that can't happen now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You know what I meant.

You see now why I wanted the sexual favours?
    A rare occasion in which your logic has served you right.

It retains important information. Make of that what you will.
    And the GCSE taking information of the guy you mentioned the other day held what importance to you exactly? :holmes:

Also, if you insist on making this point, I feel it important to remind you you - and I quote - remember our first interaction "well."

No, you simpleton. Go read what I said again.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not tribal in my politics, so I suppose it depends on the situation. :beard:
    I reread. I hold my conclusion. It's what all the Welshaphobes say. :hand:

Spoiler:
    Show
    If I was more egotistical, I'd swear you disagree with me to be contradictory. :hand:

What do we agree on? We both disagree with routine circumcision (genital mutilation, rather), don't we? :holmes:

Because that would imply respect that I don't feel. :pierre:

Spoiler:
    Show
    The things some people will do for virtual gems. :sexface:
    It's not about respect, it's about the basic rules of English grammar. Although I find it questionable you wouldn't respect me. I blame the patriarchy, to be honest. :noway:

You are known as hydeman from now on. I have declared it so. :hand: I will put in a request with the CT that they change your username accordingly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ten virtual gems, it would be important to note. I have a scale.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm, you're right. :holmes: See you at my place on Saturday, I suppose.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If we are going by your proposal, these sexual favours would be delivered at the same time as the firstborn promise which - as we've both established - would be an IOU situation. So ... ten years on Saturday do you? :holmes:

Prepare to be sued into oblivion, little cup. :mwuaha:
    That's it. You asked for it.

:beard:

Copyrighted to acupofgreentea 2016.

We can go on for a while with this.

Spoiler:
    Show
    My phone won't let me use the copyright symbol. :sad:

Hmm, that's a shame. I was thinking of being kind and lifting the rep ban with no concessions on your part, but looks like that can't happen now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You know what I meant.
    :sad:

You can't claim to be a commitment-phobe and ask me to play along with your cheese. That's not how it works. :noway:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, I suppose you could say I was being pedantic. I wonder how that feels.

ReputationRep:
    What's happened to this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What's happened to this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who knows :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.