Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First of all, do you have the AS New Spec Year 1 revision book? I assume you are doing AQA but let me know if you're not. If you are, get that! I can photocopy you topics if you like and send them over email. They have some excellent tips and practise questions on each page!

In terms of application, I was in your shoes. I was so scared that I would never be able to do it because it's so hard to actually apply your knowledge to the case study in reality, compared to what it seems. Imagine you are in their shoes. I do law and I love the subject and we are given a case of somebody committing an offence and we have to apply our legal knowledge to that to determine what they did, as if we were solicitors. Business is exactly the same. We are CEO's, advisors, call them what you will, who are merely making recommendations for this specific business. If they are a car manufacture, tailor your answer and knowledge to what a car manufacturer would do. Put yourself in their shoes! If you know the knowledge, you've done the hard work. Now use that knowledge and help the case study.

I admit, I only learnt this skill recently - the last 2 weeks to be exact. I've spent the whole year worrying and it has just come naturally, and it will to you too. Just keep practising. There is only so much help the teachers can do and the rest is to you. In the exam you will be fine because panic will kick in and you will do it almost naturally.

Let me know if this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing execel which is even less help as the case studies are much shorter! I have a revision guide for topic two, but nothing for topic one yet! Id be greatful for any resources you have!

Id never throught of it that way, i will do that in future!

Thank you for your time and advice!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Alexxandra98)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing execel which is even less help as the case studies are much shorter! I have a revision guide for topic two, but nothing for topic one yet! Id be greatful for any resources you have!

Id never throught of it that way, i will do that in future!

Thank you for your time and advice!!!
    I only have AQA but in terms of answering questions, it will be exactly the same. If you could send me your spec I'll get it sent to you sometime Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexxandra98)
    Has anyone got any tips for how to revise business? Since over half the marks are for application im struggling

Thanks
    good revision website www.technocratnotes.com
    and good revision apphttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.app&hl=en_GB

can you add this to your originalpost please so that any new ppl to the thread see this. thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.