The Student Room Group

Random Question...

How long does it take you to revise a science unit?
Just curious cuz its taken me literally 2 months to finish core science.
A while.
Maybe a few hours, 5/6?
Original post by hxfsxh
A while.
Maybe a few hours, 5/6?

Including writing + highlighting notes?
Man.... I'm jealous. Do you have any tips?
Original post by shohaib712
Including writing + highlighting notes?
Man.... I'm jealous. Do you have any tips?

No I do all that before.
I do a past paper and mark it critically and then do an analysis on what topics I fell down in, use flash cards and a revision guide to revise that topic and then do another past paper or some questions. This method builds in the information into your brain repeatedly so you're more likely to remember.
Also, read over the notes on the things you find super hard just before you close your eyes to sleep at night- this will be the first thing you remember in the morning. This is more effective for last minute or short term revision.
Original post by hxfsxh
No I do all that before.
I do a past paper and mark it critically and then do an analysis on what topics I fell down in, use flash cards and a revision guide to revise that topic and then do another past paper or some questions. This method builds in the information into your brain repeatedly so you're more likely to remember.
Also, read over the notes on the things you find super hard just before you close your eyes to sleep at night- this will be the first thing you remember in the morning. This is more effective for last minute or short term revision.

Thank you so much, I will try these methods out. Oh and by any chance do you study sociology because im finding revision difficult for that subject?
Original post by shohaib712
Thank you so much, I will try these methods out. Oh and by any chance do you study sociology because im finding revision difficult for that subject?

No I dont sorry
Original post by hxfsxh
No I dont sorry

No prob. Thanks for the help though!
Depends. In Chemistry (AQA) some topics can take 30 minutes to revise. I'd say 8 hours to cover them in depth + past papers. 5-6 if I'm just making messy spider diagrams.

Quick Reply

Latest