Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so recently I've been getting a lot of homophobes approach me when I'm alone in groups calling me names telling me to fight them etc - this doesn't bother me though it just makes me laugh but I thought about how others would feel in a similar position and I decided to email the PA to the principal of my college and she forwarded it straight to him on me making a LGBTQ support group within the college campus. I am going to have a meeting with the principal and some staff members later this week but does anyone have any ideas which I could bring to the table at the meeting? Like I'm worried people who are not out as gay etc will want to come as people might tell others if you understand where I'm coming from. Any ideas help!!! Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My best friends are Bi sexual all of them... And i brought up the same situation at my school because they were being bullied... I made an assembly that mainly focused on homophobic bullying.. I showed them a video... I've put the link below.... Basically just say that students are told about homophobic bullying by teachers, adults etc never a students who may fully understand how the mind of a young person works... If they were to create a group it could be very dangerous as bullies might be able to target them easily... However the Wellbeing is good place or make an assembly and encourage people to be themselves... walk people out the closet dont shove them out....

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...%20was%20wrong

if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask because i feel strongly about this topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woooooo)
    My best friends are Bi sexual all of them... And i brought up the same situation at my school because they were being bullied... I made an assembly that mainly focused on homophobic bullying.. I showed them a video... I've put the link below.... Basically just say that students are told about homophobic bullying by teachers, adults etc never a students who may fully understand how the mind of a young person works... If they were to create a group it could be very dangerous as bullies might be able to target them easily... However the Wellbeing is good place or make an assembly and encourage people to be themselves... walk people out the closet dont shove them out....

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...%20was%20wrong

if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask because i feel strongly about this topic
    Yeah I meant for people who are already out as loads of people are at my college are. But recently a lot of the 'laddish' guys have been speaking to me (by a lot I mean 3 lmao) and I found out that they are either bi curious or gay and they are worrying about it. Our college doesn't have assembly's though and if I made a special one just for me I doubt anyone would attend. I feel even more passionate about this subject now as a homophobic guy got his dog to attack me yesterday and it bit my face, both my legs and ripped my jacket while he was shouting homophobic comments... I also want to do make a change in the college aswell to help not only others but me as people here can be really nasty toward the subject of homosexuality. What else do you think I could do apart from an assembly? Do you think it would be a good idea to set up an email where people can anonymously tell me and I can give them or something? Idddkkkkk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wooow thats pretty bad.. A dog really.... But I admire what you are doing putting your life at risk like this, I think the email thing is a good idea cause at the moment I cant think of anything else I'm so sorry... But did your school have any ideas on how them as a staff can help? I'll do some research cause I think what I do at school wont be able to apply to your college...(P.s by school I mean High school) and ahhh I'll get back to you...

LETS TACKLE HOMOPHOBIA FOR GOOD :2euk48l:
    I mean yeah

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.