Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

SPOILER ALERT: Just watched the last 50 minutes of Force Awakens. watch

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I had watched the majority of it a couple weeks ago but the stream I was using was deleted. I only just managed to get my hands on another to watch the last part of it.

I was shocked by Han Solo's death, but I guess it was expected with the whole father-son troubles - much like in the first trilogy, one of them has to die.

I've got mixed feelings about the ending though, I don't quite understand why the producers chose to show Luke... why didn't they keep it a secret? I think we all wanted a cliffhanger.

Did you guys enjoy the film?

ReputationRep:
    Not my cup of tea
    (thumbs down)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Not my cup of tea
    (thumbs down)
    Really?!

What didn't you like about it?

ReputationRep:
    I liked it tbh, nothing big to fault it on really. Although I really wish Kylo Ren kept his mask on for longer. Maybe before the confrontation with Han

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I had watched the majority of it a couple weeks ago but the stream I was using was deleted. I only just managed to get my hands on another to watch the last part of it.

I was shocked by Han Solo's death, but I guess it was expected with the whole father-son troubles - much like in the first trilogy, one of them has to die.

I've got mixed feelings about the ending though, I don't quite understand why the producers chose to show Luke... why didn't they keep it a secret? I think we all wanted a cliffhanger.

Did you guys enjoy the film?
    I found it very enjoyable, I watched it twice in December in cinema, once at the midnight release.

I loved the part at the beginning when Kylo stops the blaster bolt, it looked sick in 3D. The music was stellar, just amazing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I liked it tbh, nothing big to fault it on really. Although I really wish Kylo Ren kept his mask on for longer. Maybe before the confrontation with Han
    Yeah, I agree with that too - too soon, too soon.

ReputationRep:
    Really?!

What didn't you like about it?
    I do not wish to be slaughtered but I am not a great Star Wars fan.
    Every time I sit and watch I promise myself
    "this time I will see what the rest see and get excited"
    It has not yet happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I do not wish to be slaughtered but I am not a great Star Wars fan.
    Every time I sit and watch I promise myself
    "this time I will see what the rest see and get excited"
    It has not yet happened.
    Don't worry I've had friends who feel the same way about Harry Potter and LOTR

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars The Force Awakens was just the original trilogy repeated with things made a bit bigger.

ReputationRep:
    Star Wars... Fuggetaboutit

ReputationRep:
    The whole film is a steaming pile of turds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    Star Wars The Force Awakens was just the original trilogy repeated with things made a bit bigger.
    I respectfully disagree

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with that too - too soon, too soon.
    What were your thoughts on Rens crossguard? Personally I really liked it, but I seem to be in the minority in that lol.
    Also was Finn supposed to be dead at the end? I couldn't tell :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I loved it! I saw it twice mad I want to watch the rest of the franchise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    What were your thoughts on Rens crossguard? Personally I really liked it, but I seem to be in the minority in that lol.
    Also was Finn supposed to be dead at the end? I couldn't tell :lol:
    Nah he's got to be alive

I think his crossguard is freaking awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Nah he's got to be alive

I think his crossguard is freaking awesome!
    I don't get why people hate so much, it looks badass!
    I'd liked to have seen Kylo do some lightning too thinking back on it. Would've helped distinguished him from Vader a bit, especially because his force abilities are what's special him. But I think there may be a reason they didn't show him using any dark side force powers, I can sorta feel a redemption arc for him in the works

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoyed it. Yes, it did have a lot of similarities to A New Hope but it was a really good film in it's own right. I watched it in IMAX in December and have downloaded it in Bluray now. Will be watching it again after I've re-watched some of the other big releases from last year (particularly Furious 7 and Jurassic World).

Anyone else super-excited for Rogue One and Episode VIII?

ReputationRep:
    I liked it... but the fact they used the death star (no matter what people say it was the death star) for the third time left a bitter taste in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I loved it! I saw it twice mad I want to watch the rest of the franchise!
    Shame you didn't watch the trilogies chronologically

You'll enjoy it very much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    I quite enjoyed it. Yes, it did have a lot of similarities to A New Hope but it was a really good film in it's own right. I watched it in IMAX in December and have downloaded it in Bluray now. Will be watching it again after I've re-watched some of the other big releases from last year (particularly Furious 7 and Jurassic World).

Anyone else super-excited for Rogue One and Episode VIII?
    You know what, I don't if I am.

I watched the teaser trailer and I wasn't blown away. It looked quite dull. I shall wait till the official trailer comes out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.