Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I got 1A6Bs4Cs in my GCSE many people are telling me I wont get in to medicine so what could be my plane B?

ReputationRep:
    Note: GCSEs generally need not be completed to A/A* in first sitting. Only A Levels.

If you're really passionate about medicine, there are sensible options, assuming you achieve the required grades at A Level (A*AA).

Let me share a story of a friend of mine achieved a similar profile of Bs and Cs with a smattering of Ds too at GCSE. Knowing he had done poorly, he took up a job as an ambulance technician during the summer after the exams, completing the training full time, before reducing to a part time role for the AS year (in which I think he became a full EMT). During the AS year, he resat English, Maths, and triple science GCSEs to the required grades, did volunteering, shadowing and work experience, and got 4 AS As. He's studying medicine at Oxford now and didn't even take a gap year. So it's possible. You've just got to show you want it and have the ability.

ReputationRep:
    I hear Boeing 737-900's are pretty popular

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.