Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I know about my future is that I want to be wealthy and have a well paid job over 50/60k a year. It is my goal, im thinking about this because im currently thinking of ideas for my EPQ and I have none.
    I study english, graphics, media and philosophy. Any ideas on what i could do as something different for my EPQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbeSk)
    The only thing I know about my future is that I want to be wealthy and have a well paid job over 50/60k a year. It is my goal, im thinking about this because im currently thinking of ideas for my EPQ and I have none.
    I study english, graphics, media and philosophy. Any ideas on what i could do as something different for my EPQ?
    Hey bbe!

Making a choice of EPQ can be an extremely challenging thing, but my number one tip is that it has to be something that you can study for six months straight, something that you can bore people senseless on! It can be useful for it to fit in with what you want to do at uni, but it's not necessary!

You also need to consider if you want to do an essay or a project - the project should theoretically be less work, but judging by how stressed some of my friends got over theirs, essays are easier!

A lot of marks come from time management and planning, so I would say that the best thing you could do at the moment is go to the philosophy etc. sections of the library and pick up whatever interests you the most, or grab some periodicals and see which articles you read in full

I hope this has helped a little, and good luck with your project!

ReputationRep:
    This really helped thank you. I think I want to do something with Photoshop (a project) because I want to build my way up to be a designer of some sort... what do you think? I love editing and am successfull when it comes to photoshop!
    What kind of thing could I ask myself?

Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.