Turn on thread page Beta

On Results Day... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yep, ours does that too. we have to get a form signed by all our teachers and a librarian. we can't have our results if they don't have it back. and it also says that if we don't give in the form college will say we're still there and we won't be able to claim dole (that bit made me giggle quite a lot)

lou xxx
    They must have quite high expectations of there pupils!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don’t see the problem. I'm more than happy to get the resources back to my poor comprehensive school in the best time possible. They require them for the A2 levels that start for the new upper sixth almost immediately after A2 exams. Infact, I’ve even donated a lot of exam papers I’ve printed myself and other Solomon Press ones I’ve found around.

ReputationRep:
    Just Wondering Does Anyone Have Any Tips For Clearings Mini Interview Things They Give U Over The Fone After U Missed Your Grades ??? Please Reply I Am Totally Stressed Out Bout This

Btw I Am Doing History And Politics !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shantalie)
    Just Wondering Does Anyone Have Any Tips For Clearings Mini Interview Things They Give U Over The Fone After U Missed Your Grades ??? Please Reply I Am Totally Stressed Out Bout This

Btw I Am Doing History And Politics !

http://p075.ezboard.com/fbmedstudentschat4frm8

It's on a med based forum, but the clearing advice here is generic and applies to all courses.

Also see: http://www.uk-learning.net/t56385.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billster)
    Ah, day after results... so i still have to go into college! Meh. Thx
    they're now saying TRACK will be back on line at mid day on results day....

ReputationRep:
    Under the data protection act they have to give you access to all information they hold about you whether fact or opijion, or held on computer, paper or CCTV.

If they withhold your results write to them enclosing £10.00 and ask for ALL data on you including CCTV footage if they hace CCTV, exam results, medical records, reports from all years, which library books you took out when etc. etc.

They have to give you a copy of it all to take away.

I wanted one piece of work from uni last year, my lecturer refused to let me have it so I got everything under the DPA.

In my case it was quite good fun as the secretary who had to get it all hates me. At first she said she'd got it for me to look at and I said no, I actually want a copy of everything. The pile of paper was about 12" high, no exageration.

It was quite enlightening as well, eg one of the lecturers had gone to the disability unit to ask if I really was dyslexic because she didn't believe me.

ReputationRep:
    We had to go in one day after the exams to give in all our books. Our college said that if we didn't give them all in then they wouldn't de-roll (I know thats probably not a word but still) us and so the universities wouldn't be able to enroll us as we were still enrolled at the college! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I',m very tempted to do that DPA stuff. It sounds about right, but they have several weeks to comply with the request though.
    You could tell them to give the results and then to take up the books as a case of non-epayment of monies due at another time.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.