Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I'm doing BTEC Level 3 Health And Social Care Diploma at college and at the end of the 2 years I need to achieve a distinction merit to get into university. What grades do I need for each unit to achieve this because I have no idea and the college health and social teachers don't help at all. Please help.

    *Please note, I am not doing the EXTENDED diploma, I am doing the diploma to couple those UCAS points with my English Language A level.

    Hi, I did the Extended Diploma in College and I got MMM but I got offers from unis. To be honest I was aiming for at least DDM but only got a MMM because i messed up on my last year because i started following my friends and was always doing my work last minute. I think MMM is 260 UCAS points. Please don't make the same mistake as i did, make sure you do complete all your work on time and submit drafts for feedback. You can check the guidelines book (not sure what it's called) where it tells you how many credits each unit is worth. Example:
    Some of my friends did the Diploma, they got all Distinctions and got into uni.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.