Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok theres this girl i know, shes not exactly my friend, she went out with one of my guy friends for a while and now shes inviting herself out with me and my friends!! Argg
    its my best friends 19th birthday and she was asking abt it etc, then she said i might come, what am i meant to say!?! shes 16 my friend is 19, and all my other friends are 19 and above! shes gonna ruin everything!!!

what can i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    ok theres this girl i know, shes not exactly my friend, she went out with one of my guy friends for a while and now shes inviting herself out with me and my friends!! Argg
    its my best friends 19th birthday and she was asking abt it etc, then she said i might come, what am i meant to say!?! shes 16 my friend is 19, and all my other friends are 19 and above! shes gonna ruin everything!!!

what can i do?

Pretend the date of the party has been moved or something ... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Pretend the date of the party has been moved or something ... ?
    she'l find out i lied, its at a bar in bar street, i live in a place where people our age only go to one place!! one area better.
    i cant do that! she also wants to come to the waterpark with us! my friends dont even know her!!

ReputationRep:

what can i do?
    but your friend hasn't invited her to the party, so she can't go...... can she???

ReputationRep:
    she'l find out i lied, its at a bar in bar street, i live in a place where people our age only go to one place!! one area better.
    i cant do that! she also wants to come to the waterpark with us! my friends dont even know her!!

Yeah, that is a bit of a strange situation :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    but your friend hasn't invited her to the party, so she can't go...... can she???
    no but its like a bar, we cant stop her coming!!
    im going mad! shes soo annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yeah, that is a bit of a strange situation :confused:
    its frustrating!!!
    shes changed the subject now but how do i tell her i dont want er to come? i cant blame it on my friend!

ReputationRep:
    be honest....cos deep down she knows she aint invited and shouldnt be going. just say theres a limited number of places if uve booked something. and that the girl whos birthday it is only wants her closest mates there so it might be awkward if she comes. then to make her feel better about being rejected invite her out for drinks with just u on another night! there solved!

ReputationRep:
    its frustrating!!!
    shes changed the subject now but how do i tell her i dont want er to come? i cant blame it on my friend!
    i dunno.....maybe let her come and make her feel left out and she might leave

ReputationRep:
    its frustrating!!!
    yeah that's the way to do it

ReputationRep:
    its frustrating!!!

You could say something like you don't want to take her to a bar when everyone else is 19 and she is 16, and that you would feel uncomfortable or something ... I'm not sure rly though, it does seem difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    be honest....cos deep down she knows she aint invited and shouldnt be going. just say theres a limited number of places if uve booked something. and that the girl whos birthday it is only wants her closest mates there so it might be awkward if she comes. then to make her feel better about being rejected invite her out for drinks with just u on another night! there solved!
    no i dotn wanna go out with her alone! she isnt my friend!!!
    i cant tell her that, arggg. i wil next time ill find an excuse!

ReputationRep:
    what's wrong with her coming with you, you are not exactly going to a lap dancing club.
    Just tell her to come along at a time after your friends leave the bar (without her knowing). If you don't want to be friends at all with her - just tell her to f*** off - honesty is the best policy.

ReputationRep:
    let her come sit on her own, ignore her, get drunk you'll all be having fun and wont even realise shes there...and even if you do you'll be drunk and then everyones your mate - thats how it would work with blokes n e way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclone666)
    what's wrong with her coming with you, you are not exactly going to a lap dancing club.
    Just tell her to come along at a time after your friends leave the bar (without her knowing).
    she isnt my friend?! my friends sort of know her by passing and dont exactly like her
    its not up to me to entertain her! im gonna ruin the one night i can stay out til 5 for her! i dont want to

ReputationRep:
    no i dotn wanna go out with her alone! she isnt my friend!!!
    i cant tell her that, arggg. i wil next time ill find an excuse!
    She's sounds annoying, self inviting herself to a party. If you get everyone to ignore her till the party, then she won't know where to turn up so you'll manage to avoid her. Even better, tell the bouncers that a girl's 16 and to ask her to show them ID before they let her in.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to f*** off?

Mod Expression - Language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    Tell her to f*** off?
    Lol, yeah that could work
    Mod Expression - Language

ReputationRep:
    she isnt my friend?! my friends sort of know her by passing and dont exactly like her
    its not up to me to entertain her! im gonna ruin the one night i can stay out til 5 for her! i dont want to

kiesha made a good point. its basically the truth....and if u dont like this girl very much then dont beat ureself up about it cos it might shake her off for good and u probably want that. so just say its awkward cos shes 16 and ure all 19! and u dont want to feel responisble for her all night....will her parents allow her to go? cos if not (a dirty but good trick would be...) u could go round to her house and mention it to her parents when they're around 'accidently' then they'll not let her out??

ReputationRep:
    You could just not tell her the time you're meeting.. I know I'd be too intimidated to go in somewhere alone, uncertain about whether people I know were in there yet.

The tactic of quizzing her might also be effective, ask her who invited her.. when she says no-one, ask her if she makes a habit of gatecrashing other people's parties!

I know how you must feel though, every time I go out with my friends this creepy bloke just attaches himself to us even though none of us like him :eek:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.