The Student Room Group

How to focus on revision

I'm trying to revise for my current A-level mocks, but I'm really struggling to stay focused, twice now I've resorted to buying an energy drink, and for a while after drinking it I was able to focus and got a lot done, but I don't want to become dependant on them.
Original post by suiagg
I'm trying to revise for my current A-level mocks, but I'm really struggling to stay focused, twice now I've resorted to buying an energy drink, and for a while after drinking it I was able to focus and got a lot done, but I don't want to become dependant on them.

Hi

I think you're wise not to want to become dependent on energy drinks.

An approach to consider is to intersperse your revision with some activity that you enjoy. For example, if you play a musicial instrument, you could try doing some practice in between your revision.

I'd also recommend aiming for manageable chunks of time, e.g. say 2 hours. If you say you are going to revise all day, it may not happen, but if you say that you'll do 2 hours, have a break then do another two hours, that may be more feasible.

One last tip. Give yourself a cut-off time, e.g. 8pm, so that you don't feel guilty when you are not revising.

Good luck!!
Reply 2
I think it's less a matter of fatigue and more an inability to focus in the first place, I find myself almost immediately unable to focus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suiagg
I think it's less a matter of fatigue and more an inability to focus in the first place, I find myself almost immediately unable to focus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just out of interest: What subjects are you studying?
Reply 4
Physics, maths and Chemistry
Reply 5
That was good advice though, sorry I don't want to undermine that.
Original post by suiagg
Physics, maths and Chemistry

Lol I do the same subjects. Just try making it fun, don't study like its end of the world (ok partially yes it is) and you have to. Put on some music, make jokes out of the content. This will make you feel connected and you'll be fine. Atleast this is how it works with me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending