Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So with the speaking exam in French, I'm concerned about something. I'm only allowed to prepare one of the stimulus cards in my preparation time. That's fine - if I've prepared the particular card, I can do it just fine. But I can't speak in the exam off the top of my head because I'm terrible at thinking of the points I need and then justifying them.
    I'm more or less fluent in French and no other part of the exam is any problem at all. I'm just worried because I'm terrible at giving an argument off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luuka)
    So with the speaking exam in French, I'm concerned about something. I'm only allowed to prepare one of the stimulus cards in my preparation time. That's fine - if I've prepared the particular card, I can do it just fine. But I can't speak in the exam off the top of my head because I'm terrible at thinking of the points I need and then justifying them.
    I'm more or less fluent in French and no other part of the exam is any problem at all. I'm just worried because I'm terrible at giving an argument off the top of my head.
    Before the exam think about the possible questions that could come up on each area - e.g. with media; influence of TV. benefits of smartphones, benefits of advertising - and then think of some responses you could give to those.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.