Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My french oral is just after easter, and i've already done loads of grammar and vocab revision but don't know how i can actually revise for the oral exam. My exam board is AQA and I'm doing AS level.

ReputationRep:
    Best way for me was to record myself, listen to it and just keep reciting it until you know off by heart

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! did you just ask yourself random questions or what?

ReputationRep:
    I do German AQA AS but I'm certain the format is the same.

Go online and find some of the past 'cards' for the speaking exams and see if you could go through and answer those questions;.

Also practice revising specific vocabulary for each subtopic and learning a few complex grammatical sentences that you can throw in to boost your marks for grammar.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiamarks)
    Thank you! did you just ask yourself random questions or what?
    No I think for mine there was several questions that could be asked but only some of them were asked. Is that like yours?

ReputationRep:
    hey, im doing french as as well as and Ive been asking myself questions that could come up so I've written down mock answers but haven't learnt them fully off by heart. Also learnt a few complex grammar sentences but I find it hard to remember them when i acc do the exam.

ReputationRep:
    For my mock speaking I basically just made posters for each topic with questions I thought would come up, so like for new technology I did adv/disadv of internet/phones, then what I use them for on a daily basis etc etc. I then practiced doing the questions out loud, starting off with extensive notes then getting it down to being able to do it without notes. If timing is an issue for you in prepping your stimulus card then try doing a few of them, but I often find I'm okay with that so I didn't bother. Also try and get your classmates to practice with you outside of lessons, always a fun one to do in the common room to confuse other non-French students :'

Then obviously you've got your usual learning grammar/vocab/key phrases, but that's nothing new. Good luck!! What grade are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    megan.hogg99 thanks for the advice! i think i'm going to practise preparing the card in 20 mins as i can never usually get it done in time. And my prediction is an A but I'm stressing out because i don't know if i can get it!

ReputationRep:
    Student1408 mines the same as that i think

ReputationRep:
    Student1408 mines the same as that i think
    yeah okay. So basically I think you should plan the questions, write them down and if you can, get a French teacher to mark it and check it to see whether it makes sense. Then when you think you've got that ready, say it out loud and record yourself and keep listening to it and this should hopefully help you know the answers off by heart. If not you could just keep reading it if audio doesn't work for you.

Also. if you have a written test you can do exactly the same and but keep writing it down and so whenit come to the written test you will hope fully know them

What I love about this is that its shows confidence when you are speaking because it will give you an ideaon what to say. sometimes just learning vocab off, you can get confused on how to pronounce them and whether these words work in the context you are saying it in.

Hope this helps and good luck hun

ReputationRep:
    My french oral is just after easter, and i've already done loads of grammar and vocab revision but don't know how i can actually revise for the oral exam. My exam board is AQA and I'm doing AS level.
    when I did my Spanish I learnt my prepared topic really well, and lots of set phrases that you can use.

ReputationRep:
    go on omegle and type in 'french' as your interests. If you're lucky you might even get to see some willies.

ReputationRep:
    yeahhhh i took french for AS. You should deffo record yourself, even if you hate your voice (it'll be even better actually bc you can pick up flaws in your accent/grammar etc better) try to add opinions left and right, and to prepare for the examiner stimulating convo - read about your topic and presentation as much as you can, try to predict the most likely questions they'll ask and answer them out loud. Would help to organise sessions with your teacher and practise it over again with different topic stimuluses (i think you get to pick some a few topics after/before delivering your pressy? I'm a lil rusty). Saying something basic during the stimulated convo is better than saying nothing at all - i rambled so much during my oral i kept grimacing at the end of my answers like ??? did i just say that????? lmao..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.