Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I cant afford dentist. Where can I go to get tooth removed or get a filing? Anyone know person who will do this for low price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPS13)
    Hi. I cant afford dentist. Where can I go to get tooth removed or get a filing? Anyone know person who will do this for low price?
    Why can't you afford it? Students and those on low incomes get free dental care.

You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:

aged under 18
    under 19 and receiving full-time education
    pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
    staying in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist
    an NHS hospital dental service outpatient (however, you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges).

You do not have to pay if, during the course of treatment, you or your partner, receive:

Income Support
    Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    Pension Credit guarantee credit
    Universal Credit and meet the criteria

or

you are named on or entitled to a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate – if you don't have a certificate, you can show your award notice; you qualify if you get Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits with a disability element (or both) and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
    you are named on a valid HC2 certificate

ReputationRep:
    1 - you have to be under 19 yrs

2 - Its not free. they help. I want to know if I can get cheaper some where for something simple.

Thanks for replying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPS13)
    1 - you have to be under 19 yrs

2 - Its not free. they help. I want to know if I can get cheaper some where for something simple.

Thanks for replying
    So answer my original question; why can you not afford it? Are you not eligible for any of the above categories? And if not then it is assumed you can afford the ~£50 band 2 charge which, if working full time, should be achievable by anyone.

Also; the website seems to suggest it is free if you fall into one of those categories.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think i am eligible. I dont get any of those things. but money is still very tight and food/bills is more important and i dont think getting a filling is a big risk. anyway you obviously don't know of anyone but i am greatful for you trying to help me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.