The Student Room Group

Attracted to money

Do you think it's wrong to be attracted to someone because they have money?
Reply 1
Original post by Stk1010

Nope. You're free to be attracted to anything or anyone you want (within the limits of the law).

Go find yourself someone attracted to spending money on their partner.
Original post by Stk1010

It's greedy and morally unethical.
Reply 3
No, do what you like. Reue has it correct.

Anyone going on about morals and ethics is only asserting their own opinion, it's one's own individual choice. Doesn't matter what people think tbh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Inazuma
No, do what you like. Reue has it correct.

Anyone going on about morals and ethics is only asserting their own opinion, it's one's own individual choice.

I agree with you, but for devils advocate sake surely if you're attracted to money, you're not actually attracted to a person? Therefore, arguably there can never be 'true love' for one another?
Reply 5
Original post by Stk1010
I agree with you, but for devils advocate sake surely if you're attracted to money, you're not actually attracted to a person? Therefore, arguably there can never be 'true love' for one another?

Depends, you can be attracted to money because of a primal urge to have someone who can provide for you and a family, or because it subconsciously indicates someone is successful, inspirational etc.
I think it's rare you'd literally only be attracted to the money.
For instance to me, money is indeed attractive, but it's only one of a variety of factors.
If there were such a case, then indeed it's probably not 'true' love, but some people
don't always seek that, and it may well develop anyway.
Well, if you asked anyone "Do you fancy 20 quid?" they'd almost certainly say yes.

However, I find being attracted to money, or even people with money rather bizarre. Being attracted to someone intelligent or ambitious or any trait that leads to money makes a lot more sense to me. Being rich isn't a personality trait. I would call being attracted to someone with money per se, rather immature.

There's plenty of rich people devoid of talent and even more rich people with just about the same amount of talent and intelligence and hard work as everyone else!

You can't help what you're attracted to but I would advise against building a relationship on someone's wealth. What happens if they become poor, are you going to stop loving them? Losing a fortune happens to more people than you might think.
"Money is numbers and numbers never end, if it takes money to make you happy, your search for happiness will never end"
Reply 8
Original post by RosyPearl
"Money is numbers and numbers never end, if it takes money to make you happy, your search for happiness will never end"

Haha, very good. I like that!
Get that money baby.
Its not wrong, it happens all the time but most people dont admit to it.

If I was earning £2k a day, compared to jonhy who is earning £50 a day, its clear who would stand out more.
No, but if thats all that motivates you, then id find you pretty shallow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending