Dimitri Payet

Young Player of the Year:
    Dele Alli
    Harry Kane
    Jack Butland
    Phillippe Countinho
    Romelu Lukaku
    Ross Barkley

3 Leicester POTY. Who you think will win?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mahrez and Kane.

ReputationRep:
    Vardy and Alli

ReputationRep:
    how good has Barkley been this season? I dont really follow everton at all.. and the couple of times I have seen him play, he has just been underwhelming..

Am I missing something, or does he actually live up to the hype?

Glad for ozil that he is on there.. wont win, and he shouldnt.. but good reward for finally living up to his hype this season as arsenals biggest signing. Also the only player from the traditional top4 to get a look in..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    how good has Barkley been this season? I dont really follow everton at all.. and the couple of times I have seen him play, he has just been underwhelming..

Am I missing something, or does he actually live up to the hype?
    He has been disappointing to say the least. Every time I see him, I expect to see so much more. Everton can look back at this season as a real missed opportunity, in my view. Martinez had the opportunity to get them finishing really high, especially with Lukaku's goals, but they have struggled at the back and they are defensively vulnerable.

Look at Stoke, look at West Ham, look at Tottenham and Leicester.

Everton have been so disappointing - and Martinez is now faced with a scenario where the FA Cup needs to be won to keep his critics at bay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He has been disappointing to say the least. Every time I see him, I expect to see so much more. Everton can look back at this season as a real missed opportunity, in my view. Martinez had the opportunity to get them finishing really high, especially with Lukaku's goals, but they have struggled at the back and they are defensively vulnerable.

Look at Stoke, look at West Ham, look at Tottenham and Leicester.

Everton have been so disappointing - and Martinez is now faced with a scenario where the FA Cup needs to be won to keep his critics at bay.
    so who would you replace him with on the YPOTY list?

ReputationRep:
    Kane and Kane :P

ReputationRep:
    Everton have been shite but Barkley has 8 goals, 7 assists. At his age that kind of production cannot be 'disappointing'.

Mahrez and Kane should win it but I think it'll be Vardy and Alli.

ReputationRep:
    As outstanding as Kante and Vardy have been, Mahrez shades it for me.

They need to change the YPOTY award. 23 isn't really young, Coutinho and Butland are pretty established players.

Of the players selected, Kane has had the best season. But in terms of which young player has had a breakthrough year I'd go for Alli.

ReputationRep:
    They need to sort it out so that you can only be in one category or the other.

Alli is YPOTY

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez/Kante and Alli

Anyone saying Ozil is deluded. All the other players have been more important to their respective teams consistently.

Looking forward to the English media hype train doing their best for Kane or Vardy to win.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Parties in LA)
    Everton have been shite but Barkley has 8 goals, 7 assists. At his age that kind of production cannot be 'disappointing'.
    Alli and Kane have been winning games for Tottenham, though.

Four of Barkley's goals have come against Aston Villa and Newcastle - the two bottom sides. Six of them came before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez and Alli.

They both have - using words familiar to Roberto Martinez - phenomenal.

ReputationRep:
    Seems that if Kane by some miracle wins POTY he should also walk YPOTY.

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez and Alli for me.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm an Arsenal fan, I hope Mesut wins it but realistically I'd love Mahrez to win POTY and Butland for YPOTY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Alli and Kane have been winning games for Tottenham, though.

Four of Barkley's goals have come against Aston Villa and Newcastle - the two bottom sides. Six of them came before Christmas.
    15 goals and assists would be a good season for a top level CM/CAM. It betters the goals and assists numbers of Douglas Costa, Alexis, Kagawa, Coutinho, all of whom are more pure attackers than Barkley and in far better teams, with many more examples. For someone of the age of 22, there's no need to break it down further at all. Even if you were to, there's plenty of mitigating circumstances given that Martinez has them failing on all fronts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parties in LA)
    15 goals and assists would be a good season for a top level CM/CAM. It betters the goals and assists numbers of Douglas Costa, Alexis, Kagawa, Coutinho, all of whom are more pure attackers than Barkley and in far better teams, with many more examples. For someone of the age of 22, there's no need to break it down further at all. Even if you were to, there's plenty of mitigating circumstances given that Martinez has them failing on all fronts.
    Barkley actually has comfortably worse numbers than all of those players once minutes played is taken into account. His stats are still impressive though.

ReputationRep:
    Surely if Kane won POTY he would also have to win YPOTY... Therefore there shouldn't be mixing of the 2 lists I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Mahrez, Kane

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 28, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.