milemed11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My general career plan is to become a doctor - still unsure on specialities and whatnot but the goal is surgery. I've been wanting a tattoo for a while and finally have the money so I was going to go for it. I was wondering if it's frowned upon for doctors to have visible tattoos on their hands/arms? Would it make it harder to get a job? Is it considered unprofessional? I'm female, if that changes anything.
humanteaparty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It will probably be looked down on not gonna lie. You should probably get a tattoo in a place not visible. Like upper arm or bicep.
Elwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have one on the upper arm and plan on getting more. My rule of thumb is don't get one which will be visible in a scrub top, which tend to have quite short sleeves and a deep v-neck.
The doctors I have seen with tattoos in visible places have more often than not covered them up with plasters while in work - which is a lot of hassle.
milemed11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Elwyn)
I have one on the upper arm and plan on getting more. My rule of thumb is don't get one which will be visible in a scrub top, which tend to have quite short sleeves and a deep v-neck.
The doctors I have seen with tattoos in visible places have more often than not covered them up with plasters while in work - which is a lot of hassle.
That's quite helpful, thanks for clearing it up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (240)
44.28%

Watched Threads