Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I finished my first year at a met uni in my city and then I transferred to the RG of my city (16th on the leagues), they asked me to start from first year again because the modules weren't similar enough, and I have totally regretted moving to this uni.

The lecturers are shxt, they can't explain anything to save their lives, the course content is mind-numbingly boring, the course materials are more unstructured than the uni I was at before, and again its boring AF, even next years options... I much preferred the options for year 2 in my old uni than this one.

Only reason I really moved is because people are telling me how if you go to a mussel group that you're in a good place to get into graduate programs etc and get a job (apparently employers like it), but now i am hearing that doesn't really count for all RG's, just the top 5 ones like oxbride/imperial/UCL/bristol etc, unless its one of them it don't make much of a difference and its the grade that is more important? Which I think I would do better at my old uni than my current one, just really not feeling it.

I called up my old unis admissions and they said they'd have to ask the faculty and get back to me
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Is there a point? Seems a bit strange for them to tell you now when you are so far along. They are asked you to start first year when you began or now? o where you will be happy. You will be paying for it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Is there a point? Seems a bit strange for them to tell you now when you are so far along. They are asked you to start first year when you began or now? o where you will be happy. You will be paying for it anyway.
    I finished my first year at Uni1, and i asked Uni2 for transfer, they said yes but you will have to start from year1 because the modules at Uni2 are not similar enough to the modules at Uni1, so I am completong my first year at Uni2 right now, but I want to go back to Uni1 and do my second and third year there

make sense? haha

Yeah I think I will be more happy at my old uni, I just am not sure what the status quo is in regards to dropping out to transfer and then asking them if they'd take me back (I totally completed my first year I didn't drop out midway or anything I dropped out when I began the course at Uni2)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    PsychPrincess

Heya, I know you're studying psychology but I've popped this in apps and UCAS as I think there will be more people here who can advise you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.