Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I address this question to unbiased people only, with some proper knowledge on the matter (annoying bigots are not welcome). I am an EU student that is coming to the UK to study starting during the 2016/2017 period. I am really concerned with the whole Brexit issue and this is giving me a lot anxiety since EU students do not need visas and only pay UK fees :/

ReputationRep:
    It would help if you asked a question

But if you are here when we vote to leave (hopefully that is) then there should not be any issues as they shouldn't change any rules half way through your studies
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by slmnds)
    First of all, I address this question to unbiased people only, with some proper knowledge on the matter (annoying bigots are not welcome). I am an EU student that is coming to the UK to study starting during the 2016/2017 period. I am really concerned with the whole Brexit issue and this is giving me a lot anxiety since EU students do not need visas and only pay UK fees :/
    Nobody really knows what will happen or when. But safe to say a BREXIT is extremely unlikely to affect current students or those enrolling this coming academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will recent graduates with EU passports be made to go home even if they are working? Surely not, they make up a big chunk of the workforce.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Will recent graduates with EU passports be made to go home even if they are working? Surely not, they make up a big chunk of the workforce.
    BREXIT = uncertainty. Nobody knows what will happen, that's one of the key points.

(But probably not EU citizens for a few years anyway...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    It would help if you asked a question

But if you are here when we vote to leave (hopefully that is) then there should not be any issues as they shouldn't change any rules half way through your studies
    haha you're right sorry
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    I imagine those already here will be either issued with work visas ready for exit automatically, or be issued with the paperwork to apply in the 2 gears before exit, although arguably powers to force them to leave are limited anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was worried about this as well, but I'll be studying in the Netherlands now (financial reasons mainly). Like the others said, it does seem like the universities will endeavour to try to keep all fees and regulations as they have been in the past for current students and new students starting in Fall 2016. I think Bristol University actually has a whole page dedicated to this very topic, if that is of interest to you.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Nothing to worry about. You will have finished your degree before we ever leave as it will take 2-3 years to negotiate any exit. They would make transitional arrangements that would not prejudice students already studying here as you would be.

ReputationRep:
    thank you all guys for the help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.