Fallout 4 : Ending achievements/trophies

Watch
PlGLET
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I finally completed Fallout 4! 300+ hours gameplay *phew*
I'm guessing this won't be new to most of those who have played Fallout 4 (all the way through/almost through), but thought I'd share how I got all the faction trophies/achievements in one play through;

Spoiler:
Show

When you get to the *Mass Fusion* mission, make a hard save (1) & remember the details/screenshot (latter is easier).
This is the point where if you go there without the BOS, you become an enemy of the BOS, or go there with the BOS to become an enemy of the Institute. A warning prompt will pop up telling you this when at the right locations.

The order you must do this is to;
- Go to the Institute on your own, thus becoming an enemy of the BOS.
- Complete all the Institute missions until you are asked by Father to kill the Railroad.
- Here you must make another hard save (2). Again note the save details or use the save screenshot for future reference. DO NOT OVERWRITE your previous hard save.
- Continue as the Institute & complete the game as the Institute to the point you get the final faction trophy.
- Make another hard save (3) & remember the details/screenshot & DO NOT OVERWRITE any previous saves. (This will be your Institute save for completing the game with them, so you can return)

- Now you've completed the Institute quest line, load up your first hard save (1) which is the *Mass Fusion* quest again.
- This time; go with the BOS, thus making you an enemy of the Institute.
- Complete the BOS quest line until you get the final faction trophy.
- Make a hard save (4), remembering details & not overwriting previous saves. This will be your BOS save for completing the game with them, so you can return.

- Load up hard save (2). This will take you back to just after you're asked to kill the Railroad by Father.
- Go to the Railroad & side with them/do not kill them, completing all their missions & becoming enemies of both BOS & Institute.
- Once complete, make a final hard save (5). Do not overwrite any previous saves. This will be your Railroad save for completing the game with them, so you can return.

Now you have all the faction trophies/achievements in one play through, plus saves to return to each point depending on which faction you'd like to choose.
Hope this helps someone :-)

PlGLET
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's helpful, thank you
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sweet. In your opinion which faction is it best to stick with after all the trophies are unlocked?
PlGLET
Rep:
?
(Original post by Castro Saint)
Sweet. In your opinion which faction is it best to stick with after all the trophies are unlocked?
I won't spoil it for you. Once you have the hard saves for completing the Institute, BOS & Railroad quest lines, you can decide for yourself ;-)
You can carry on playing as, say, the Institute & just use quick save. When you want to carry on with another faction, overwrite your original Institute hard save with a new Institute hard save. Then just load another faction hard save up & use quick save (Repeat). :-)

PlGLET
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i hope fallout 5 comes out soon
Castro Saint
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PlGLET)
I won't spoil it for you. Once you have the hard saves for completing the Institute, BOS & Railroad quest lines, you can decide for yourself ;-)
You can carry on playing as, say, the Institute & just use quick save. When you want to carry on with another faction, overwrite your original Institute hard save with a new Institute hard save. Then just load another faction hard save up & use quick save (Repeat). :-)

PlGLET
Haha okay I'll do that, thanks
Binary Freak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Now go play Star Oceon, yo!

That's double the time! Triple in some cases!

On a serious note, well done!!
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is an ending where you skip a certain big battle at the end

Spoiler:
Show
Stay neutral as long as you can, complete the Railroad mission to attack the BOS outpost, but as you get back to the Railroad HQ kill Desdemona, thus return to the Institute, siding with them as both BOS and Railroad eliminated, and you've completed the story with no final boss battle
PlGLET
Rep:
?
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
There is an ending where you skip a certain big battle at the end...
Going by your description; I believe that is the
Spoiler:
Show
Institute ending (as you eliminate two factions)

The Institute, BOS & Railroad quest lines require you to
Spoiler:
Show
eliminate two of the other factions. The Minutemen will always remain with you. I have not done the Minutemen ending, but will do so from the hard save 1!

:-)

PlGLET
PlGLET
Rep:
?
(Original post by Binary Freak)
That's double the time! Triple in some cases!
Twice?? Thrice??? :-o
I'll see you all in mid-late 2017! ;-)
Thank you for that, Binary Freak! :-)

PlGLET
Individuality
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've found myself rushing through fallout the first time I had it and went with the obvious route of BoS. I have found that this time I have just been focusing on the more general story's of the commonwealth before I actually decide what route to go with. I've levelled up my character as well to a very high level of 73 in order to help me decide when it comes to it. I am aware of all the endings in the game however I am finding myself more inclined this time to head towards the minutemen ending instead.
PlGLET
Rep:
?
(Original post by Individuality)
I've found myself rushing through fallout the first time I had it and went with the obvious route of BoS. I have found that this time I have just been focusing on the more general story's of the commonwealth before I actually decide what route to go with. I've levelled up my character as well to a very high level of 73 in order to help me decide when it comes to it. I am aware of all the endings in the game however I am finding myself more inclined this time to head towards the minutemen ending instead.
I played both this & Skyrim exactly the same way; doing some quests, going off & just exploring locations - looting & shooting everything, meeting NPC's & getting sidetracked in side quests etc :-) All in first person for more immersion (imo). I went the long way down to Diamond City :'D
If you're in the storyline near the aforementioned quest I'd definitely recommend you use the guide above (unless you want to play it through 4 times).
:-)

PlGLET
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads