Turn on thread page Beta

School is stressing me out... watch

ReputationRep:
    And It is depressing me, I am about to rant a little (sorry)

So basically I want to carry on with media- preferably to be a film making course at uni. I showed my teacher my sort of unfinished coursework and he told me submit it like that and iy would be a C :/ That really upset me because I know I can do better than a C but the reason why I only got a C was mainly because my actors weren't around to film as they are uni students. I asked my teacher if I can still improve my coursework before submitting it and he said no, and that I should work on the exam to improve my grade

I just found out that I got rejected from the uni I actually wanted to go to... I got an offer at first, went to the interview and then they rejected me ? I am so unmotivated for everything and I feel like giving up. I honestly do not know what to do with my self, I am just so stressed. I wouldn't even go to uni but I just feel like there is nothing else around for me to do.

ReputationRep:
    No one really cares to be honest- I don't see what you want help with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    A little sympathy would be nice...
    Could nice to know if anyone can suggest anything as I didn't get into the uni I wanted to which had my course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    A little sympathy would be nice...
    Could nice to know if anyone can suggest anything as I didn't get into the uni I wanted to which had my course.
    Three choices:
    1)Get good grades this year and apply again next year.
    2)Go through adjustment once you get your grades.
    3) Just go to the next best university.

ReputationRep:
    That's just ****ing cruel.

So basically I want to carry on with media- preferably to be a film making course at uni. I showed my teacher my sort of unfinished coursework and he told me submit it like that and iy would be a C :/ That really upset me because I know I can do better than a C but the reason why I only got a C was mainly because my actors weren't around to film as they are uni students. I asked my teacher if I can still improve my coursework before submitting it and he said no, and that I should work on the exam to improve my grade

I just found out that I got rejected from the uni I actually wanted to go to... I got an offer at first, went to the interview and then they rejected me ? I am so unmotivated for everything and I feel like giving up. I honestly do not know what to do with my self, I am just so stressed. I wouldn't even go to uni but I just feel like there is nothing else around for me to do.
    Omg
    Yea you definitely don't have time to watch Japanese horror flicks with me lol I hope that he's not being racist...but about the University rejection: that's a heavy blow but you can move on from that by making the most of your experience at another Uni. Life is sadly full of rejections, I don't wanna sound cliche but it's true. You're young and God willing have so much ahead of you, don't get down about that, explore your options and prove that teacher wrong Like he's not even giving you advice or feedback :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    Three choices:
    1)Get good grades this year and apply again next year.
    2)Go through adjustment once you get your grades.
    3) Just go to the next best university.
    The thin line between a gap year and slouching around all year till the next chance to apply is apprenticing or well-paid work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissMay)
    The thin line between a gap year and slouching around all year till the next chance to apply is apprenticing or well-paid work.
    Ok then...

ReputationRep:
    Ok then...
    :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    You could reapply and improve your grades or apply for an apprenticeship my cousin went for an interview for Jaguar Land Rover apprentice scheme and they would pay for him to do his degree while he worked with them which i think is a brilliant option compared to uni but also starting salary was £18,550 and increased every 6 months if he met their requirements.
    He didn't get the job though.

ReputationRep:
    That's just ****ing cruel.

Omg
    Yea you definitely don't have time to watch Japanese horror flicks with me lol I hope that he's not being racist...but about the University rejection: that's a heavy blow but you can move on from that by making the most of your experience at another Uni. Life is sadly full of rejections, I don't wanna sound cliche but it's true. You're young and God willing have so much ahead of you, don't get down about that, explore your options and prove that teacher wrong Like he's not even giving you advice or feedback :rolleyes:.
    Who my teacher being racist?
    I have other uni options that are better or just as good but I don't know if I can get in there now because of my C :/ I guess I can find a clearing option on my results day.
    He is just being stingy becausevthe deadline is approaching and thinks there is nothing else I can do.

Thanks so much though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    You could reapply and improve your grades or apply for an apprenticeship my cousin went for an interview for Jaguar Land Rover apprentice scheme and they would pay for him to do his degree while he worked with them which i think is a brilliant option compared to uni but also starting salary was £18,550 and increased every 6 months if he met their requirements.
    He didn't get the job though.
    lol

Who my teacher being racist?
    I have other uni options that are better or just as good but I don't know if I can get in there now because of my C :/ I guess I can find a clearing option on my results day.
    He is just being stingy becausevthe deadline is approaching and thinks there is nothing else I can do.

Thanks so much though
    I'm saying I hope he's not. And yeah do clearing and don't give up either.

ReputationRep:
    lol

I'm saying I hope he's not. And yeah do clearing and don't give up either.
    oh haha, I don't think he can be, there is like 1 white person in my media class

I will do and thanks again

ReputationRep:
    oh haha, I don't think he can be, there is like 1 white person in my media class

I will do and thanks again
    :rofl: oh.

ReputationRep:

Awww I can relate to this. Infact I kinda feel bad for you but this shouldn't let you down. I understand it's hard and it's difficult, you've probably worked so hard to get into the uni of your choice. But now you can't go there, this is the reality. The quicker you embrace it, the better it'll be. Take your time, let your emotions out but please then move on. I couldn't make for the uni I always wanted to go to so I've been in this boat before. I talked to my friends, cried alot but it's gone now. Atleast I've offers from other ones and I'm thankful for that. I'd say don't give up, everything happens for better and I'm sure you got so many amazing opportunities waiting ahead but all you need is positive attitude to be there. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    This is why you do STEM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thespaceshuttle)
    Awww I can relate to this. Infact I kinda feel bad for you but this shouldn't let you down. I understand it's hard and it's difficult, you've probably worked so hard to get into the uni of your choice. But now you can't go there, this is the reality. The quicker you embrace it, the better it'll be. Take your time, let your emotions out but please then move on. I couldn't make for the uni I always wanted to go to so I've been in this boat before. I talked to my friends, cried alot but it's gone now. Atleast I've offers from other ones and I'm thankful for that. I'd say don't give up, everything happens for better and I'm sure you got so many amazing opportunities waiting ahead but all you need is positive attitude to be there. Hope this helps
    Thanks so much

ReputationRep:

Wait till you get to uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    This is why you do STEM
    What's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Wait till you get to uni
    I heard uni is not as stressful

ReputationRep:
    demotivation is a cruel thing, keep yourself occoupied.. work hard! you still have time to turn your grades around. indulge yourself in hobbies, find a job you enjoy, go out - (very good stress reliefs).

believe in yourself, life's too short at the end of the day!

hope it works out for you

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.