Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for people who wanna make PC games! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey.Is there anyone out there (from Bristol/going to Bristol would be amazing, but others welcome!) who wants to make PC games? I'm a musician/writer and have been developing ideas for games for ages, and have a few friends who wanna make games out of them, but between us we have myself as a sound engineer/storywriter, a very good Unity Coder and a few others aiding in the process. We're just looking for some people (mainly graphic artists/animators/3D designers) who wanna make friends with a great bunch o' people who all love playing and making games!Hollar if anyone is interested! We're all 19, and I'll be starting UWE in September 2016, the others are from Birmingham!
    We're a cool bunch. We play lots of things, LoL, Garrys Mod, Hero Siege, Fallout, Rocket League, Cards Against Humanity, you name it. We all love those really quirky indie games though, and want others to make some games with us. Maybe even some friends too, aw.

Cheers.
    Luke.

ReputationRep:
    I may be interested in the graphics side of things - I have some Photoshop experience, im guessing you were looking for 3D graphics for the actual game itself which i have no experience in.
    However I would be willing to have a go at creating the Logo for your game or anything else to do with photoshop.
    Just message me in the future if you want me to have a go with the details

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have any of the skills you mentioned, but you should totally check out the game Swords and Sworcery :yep:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, kinda looking to make 2D things from the get go! However like, someone down for 3D is pretty badass, 'cause I'd wanna move that way eventually!

(Original post by LukeChild)
    x
    Good luck with your game, if you make one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Good luck with your game, if you make one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I am a programmer, been programming 7 years. The issue is that idea guys are near useless, although music is a useful asset. Having been part of these kind of things before, they break up in like 3 days usually.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I'm located all the way in London...:lol:, but I can share my Photoshop skills. I've been using Photoshop for 3 years now, wouldn't call myself a professional but I do a lot of freelancing work such as making logos etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I'm located all the way in London...:lol:, but I can share my Photoshop skills. I've been using Photoshop for 3 years now, wouldn't call myself a professional but I do a lot of freelancing work such as making logos etc.
    and i have been using for almost 4 years... but toooo afraid to show my skills :afraid:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    and i have been using for almost 4 years... but toooo afraid to show my skills :afraid:
    NO.
    WAY.
    If you feel confident, PM me some of your work?

ReputationRep:
    NO.
    WAY.
    If you feel confident, PM me some of your work?
    thats the point... i am not confident at all
    no one praise me for my work :sad: - so i stopped doing it
    my Asian parents told me not to waste time on photoshop so my confidence went dowwwwwwn :cry2:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    thats the point... i am not confident at all
    no one praise me for my work :sad: - so i stopped doing it
    my Asian parents told me not to waste time on photoshop so my confidence went dowwwwwwn :cry2:
    I am a Photoshop fanatic! I am sure your work is amazing, would love to see it.
    And don't listen to your parents when it comes to your hobbies/talents.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Photoshop fanatic! I am sure your work is amazing, would love to see it.
    And don't listen to your parents when it comes to your hobbies/talents.
    i defo will show you my talent... but for that, I need to refresh my memory because haven't used photoshop for aggggessss....
    maybe in summer holidays because i gotta make new ones as i am competing with a competitive component :yes:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    i defo will show you my talent... but for that, I need to refresh my memory because haven't used photoshop for aggggessss....
    maybe in summer holidays because i gotta make new ones as i am competing with a competitive component :yes:
    Excellent.
    I can't wait to see some of your creations, and I'll show you some of my actual Photoshop stuff :cool: (not the "Photoshop magic" I post here that was done in like 5 minutes). :lol: Which Photoshop software version do you use? (I use CS6).

ReputationRep:
    Excellent.
    I can't wait to see some of your creations, and I'll show you some of my actual Photoshop stuff :cool: (not the "Photoshop magic" I post here that was done in like 5 minutes). :lol: Which Photoshop software version do you use? (I use CS6).
    i dunno why you made that creepy face for
    yep - CS6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I am a programmer, been programming 7 years. The issue is that idea guys are near useless, although music is a useful asset. Having been part of these kind of things before, they break up in like 3 days usually.
    I disagree! A programmer is only as good as what he wants to make. If ya can't think of an idea better than 'lets shoot this gun at this target' or something, your games gonna flop.

That said, a great designer is nothing if they can't make what they theorise, so it's a double edge sword really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeChild)
    I disagree! A programmer is only as good as what he wants to make. If ya can't think of an idea better than 'lets shoot this gun at this target' or something, your games gonna flop.

That said, a great designer is nothing if they can't make what they theorise, so it's a double edge sword really.
    Its not that, its more that groups have a tendency to fragment

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.