Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

did terrible on mocks, how to face with being disowned? watch

rip mocks lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I reckon these mock results are totally fine! If you continue with a revision schedule for the next month you'll get all your revision done try not to panic, and don't forget to give yourself breaks.

I'd recommend the triple science thread on TSR which you can find here. I think it's really helped some of our members.

Good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Bless , when u get to a levels it gonna be peak

ReputationRep:
    edexcel science or?

ReputationRep:
    nerd

(Original post by caitlinford3)
    edexcel science or?
    AQA

D:

(Original post by defenestrated)
    nerd
    says you

ReputationRep:
    Blame your parents for having thick kids.

(Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi!

I reckon these mock results are totally fine! If you continue with a revision schedule for the next month you'll get all your revision done try not to panic, and don't forget to give yourself breaks.

I'd recommend the triple science thread on TSR which you can find here. I think it's really helped some of our members.

Good luck with your exams!
    thank youuu this eased some of le nerves

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Bless , when u get to a levels it gonna be peak
    am i gonna fail yh

(Original post by Maker)
    Blame your parents for having thick kids.
    im the only dumb one

ReputationRep:
    when youre procrastinating and have gcses in 5 weeks but tsr is trying tell you something ahah

ReputationRep:
    Well then, wait till you get to A Levels......xDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    ok SO I need at least 8 A*s to be still considered part of this family (slight exaggeration) and im p disappointed with my mock grades... i didn't really revise but still i did pretty bad considering i have A MONTH before it starts

MARCH Mock results:
    Bio: B1 A , B2 C
    Chem: C1 B, C2 B
    Physics: wasn't here during exams but if i was to guess I'd go 'P1 A, P2 B'
    History: wasn't here during exams but another guess would be top A or low A*
    French: B
    Eng Lit: A*
    Eng Lang: A*
    Maths A*
    Computer Science: A*
    RS: A*

HOW TO IMPROVE on sciences???????
    havent even done unit 3 ffs
    i need to get the three sciences up to A*
    French ill be happy with an A but

ffssssssssssssss i got lower than my december mocks lol

also my ISAs are ok
    A* for bio and physics
    but i havent done my chem isa my school are ****ing me over they keep delaying it and i dont think im gonna do it sooo i might get a U for unit 4 (ive done paper 1 but wasnt here for paper 2)
    I did AQA GCSE triple science last year. For mocks my grades were B's in every unit 1 and 2 exam and I was like how the hell am I gonna get at least A's in these papers???

For me the key was being fully aware of everything I needed to know to do as well as I could in these exams. AQA used to be quite mean in that they would ask a few questions that were maybe a bit beyond the specification but due to complaints from 2014 onward they started putting spec references for each mark in mark schemes. SO my no.1 best advice would to be going through the specification and making sure you can do everything in there to the best of your ability. Links are here if you don't have them already:

Physics: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...YS-W-SP-14.PDF
    Biology:http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...OL-W-SP-14.PDF
    Chemistry: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...02-W-SP-14.PDF

My second best piece of advice would be PAST PAPERS!!!
    AQA like to reapeat questions especially for C2 as there isn't a lot of content for it so make sure you try to do ALL OF THEM possibly more than once if you can because then you can remember answers a lot better.

Thirdly, use a very reliable source. The ones I used were the fat textbooks for each science not just the stupid thin ones that were barely any use to me. Here's a PDF link if you don't have them.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7E...t?pref=2&pli=1

And aswell I don't know if there any any downloads for the myGCSEscience videos for the unit 2 and 3 for each science but try to get a hold of them. I found a download for them luckily which i'm not sure I will still have the link for but you can always buy them.

That's all from me best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    These are really great results you should be proud of them! two more a*s and you'll have already got your personal target. Science should be easy to improve quickly because it's more about learning off facts than exam technique/natural talent like english might be.. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    im the only dumb one
    Get a DNA test.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.