aliceb97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi!! This is a thread for those retaking english lit OCR AS level. I'm doing Jane Eyre and Yeats and was wondering if people had ideas for predictions - themes, characters and so on. i'm aiming to achieve an A in this but have completely forgotten everything i studied in year 12..!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
amykate06
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing the exact same - I'm a bit unsure about what could come up for Jane Eyre and I have no guidance really because I moved to a new college who don't do the same exam board. I think for Yeats it will be a political poem this year as it's the last Yeats exam they're doing - either Easter 1916 or September 1913
meganure
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya! I'm in the same boat too, i agree, I think it will be a political poem, possibly Easter 1916 because its the 100 year anniversary this year, and going through the older questions they have only done themes and questions specificially talking about characters as Jane and Rochester either alone or together so I think they could possibly ask about St. John or Bertha! Hope not, but it's possible! Good luck with your revision!
amykate06
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by meganure)
Hiya! I'm in the same boat too, i agree, I think it will be a political poem, possibly Easter 1916 because its the 100 year anniversary this year, and going through the older questions they have only done themes and questions specificially talking about characters as Jane and Rochester either alone or together so I think they could possibly ask about St. John or Bertha! Hope not, but it's possible! Good luck with your revision!
I hope so!! and oh no I barely have any Jane Eyre notes if anyone has any good notes could they share them please?? Good luck to you too!!
girl_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doing the same paper except fflr poetry I have Dickinson. I'm a bit worried about what question they'll give is for Jane Eyre and I'm struggling with my quotes.
thomaskg21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Edward Thomas Poetry and Jane Eyre at the moment and it's now the last week for just learning quotes and doing practice essays. I spent all of yesterday finding context and critical quotes for ao4 and ao3 respectively. So now I just need to learn them and my text quotes. So much to learn in so little time! :eek:
meganure
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Should we all share our best bits of context/ critics? I think my favourite critics are, Bertha is a political symbol of female rage against patriarchy’- Gilbertand

Eric Solomon: Fire and Ice AND Water'Thefiery passion... must be quenched by the cold waters of self-control-- but notdestroyed by the ice of repression'
“Repressed sexuality is far more dangerous to the order ofsociety than repressed rage” leO%�(9x�
amykate06
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by meganure)
Should we all share our best bits of context/ critics? I think my favourite critics are, Bertha is a political symbol of female rage against patriarchy’- Gilbertand

Eric Solomon: Fire and Ice AND Water'Thefiery passion... must be quenched by the cold waters of self-control-- but notdestroyed by the ice of repression'
“Repressed sexuality is far more dangerous to the order ofsociety than repressed rage” leO%�(9x�
Yeah that's a good idea, I'll post what I have on here! Does anyone have any ideas of themes to revise??
meganure
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  502.4 KBI got given this, might help?
amykate06
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know this is a bit last minute hahaha but does anyone have like a character study on St John?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads