Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it worth following up my application with a call? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently sent off an application to my local pub for advertised front of house work. I got a reply almost immediately from the owner checking my DOB (I'm 21) but since then I haven't heard anything back (it's been over a week now).

I also sent off a few speculative emails with a CV to other local pubs that weren't advertising roles, but haven't heard anything back from them either.

Is it worth giving the one advertising a call to follow up or should I wait it out a bit longer? Even just if its an outright no, I would like to know!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by rosiesaurus)
    I recently sent off an application to my local pub for advertised front of house work. I got a reply almost immediately from the owner checking my DOB (I'm 21) but since then I haven't heard anything back (it's been over a week now).

I also sent off a few speculative emails with a CV to other local pubs that weren't advertising roles, but haven't heard anything back from them either.

Is it worth giving the one advertising a call to follow up or should I wait it out a bit longer? Even just if its an outright no, I would like to know!
    Wait it out a bit longer, they could have had a while before a closing date.

ReputationRep:
    I would say wait it out a little longer, at least another week. Remember that they may have had lots of applications and need to sort through them all. After a week, I think a polite phone call probably couldn't hurt. It shows that you're proactive and persistant, but not too impatient.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LamantChenille)
    I would say wait it out a little longer, at least another week. Remember that they may have had lots of applications and need to sort through them all. After a week, I think a polite phone call probably couldn't hurt. It shows that you're proactive and persistant, but not too impatient.
    I agree.
    Wait another week, then either phone or email them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.