Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest,

Would anyone be interested in attending a cooking course before you go to uni?

Just to gain your confidence and have a small list of foods you can go into uni and cook before you tackle halls?

I would be interested to know!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Avenuecookschool)
    Just out of interest,

Would anyone be interested in attending a cooking course before you go to uni?

Just to gain your confidence and have a small list of foods you can go into uni and cook before you tackle halls?

I would be interested to know!
    For me, no... I can already cook relatively well (if I do say so myself!), and so I wouldn't find this particularly beneficial - saying that, I do know some people who have said they'd love to know how to cook more...

At uni, for me, the limitation is more that I can't be bothered to cook much rather than not being able to xD
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm not sure if I'm honest. It's always nice to learn new things and a cooking course could certainly do that but I like the idea of learning from my parents rather than a course - knowledge of how they cooked some delicious stuff for years of your childhood being passed down is a strong sentimental reason for me.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by The Financier)
    I'm not sure if I'm honest. It's always nice to learn new things and a cooking course could certainly do that but I like the idea of learning from my parents rather than a course - knowledge of how they cooked some delicious stuff for years of your childhood being passed down is a strong sentimental reason for me.
    I would agree with this actually - much of what I cook is because of what I had when I was younger, and a nice meal for me, is as much about the joy of having it, and the memories, rather than just cooking something up!

I could definitely see for people who don't really care about that though, that just getting some good cooking skills would be useful... Especially for technique perhaps...

I'd be interested in this I'm a dreadful cook, although i'm already at uni

ReputationRep:
    I can cook well enough for myself, but I'd still go just to learn more.
    Depends on what you will be offering to teach.

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between gaining our confidence and improving your own or others' levels of confidence.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.