Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied to University at the Start of December 2015 as a deferred applicant, since then four of my five choices have replied. The one university I am still waiting on is Heriot Watt, I know that deferred applications get looked at last in most situations but my last reply was over 2 months ago. My friend is also deferring a year and he received his offer about 2 months ago and it's making me nervous. Should I be worried? Have they potentially forgotten about my application? If so should I contact the university? Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Twamley)
    Hi, I applied to University at the Start of December 2015 as a deferred applicant, since then four of my five choices have replied. The one university I am still waiting on is Heriot Watt, I know that deferred applications get looked at last in most situations but my last reply was over 2 months ago. My friend is also deferring a year and he received his offer about 2 months ago and it's making me nervous. Should I be worried? Have they potentially forgotten about my application? If so should I contact the university? Thank you!
    I dont think there's any harm in you contacting them and asking when you might hear back.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Twamley)
    Sorry about this Twarmley, you are right the deferred applicants do get left till later but I can imagine you want to know sooner rather than later. Can you let me know what subject area you have applied for and I will give you contact details for the right person to assist you.

Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have also applied to Heriot Watt, however not as a deferred applicant, and have yet to receive any response. I applied for International Business Management and Languages: German as main language.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RebeccaM29)
    Hi, I have also applied to Heriot Watt, however not as a deferred applicant, and have yet to receive any response. I applied for International Business Management and Languages: German as main language.
    Hi Rebecca

If you want to email our UG Admissions Team in the School of Management and Languages [email protected] quoting your UCAS ID they'll look into that for you.

Thanks
    Ali on behalf of the SML Admissions Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heriot-Watt University)
    Hi Rebecca

If you want to email our UG Admissions Team in the School of Management and Languages [email protected] quoting your UCAS ID they'll look into that for you.

Thanks
    Ali on behalf of the SML Admissions Team
    I have tried to send an email to that address but it does not seem to be working as I receive a failure delivery status notification. Is the HW email system down right now?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    So sorry, email address is [email protected] -just a wee typo!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Rebecca

Our UG Admissions Team here in the School of Management and Languages are still working their way through the 2016 offers.

They've advised you keep an eye on UCAS Track over the next few days.

Thanks
    Ali, on behalf of the School of Management and Languages

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they have also responded to my email! Thank you for your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.