Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teacher not letting me reach my potential in coursework, advice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in Year 11, and have had many issues with this teacher in the past, and so has most of my class. I am aiming for straight As and A*s in my GCSEs this year, yet this teacher does not seem to care about whether I'm reaching my potential or not. I have asked him multiple times how I can improve my media coursework (which is worth 60% of my final grade), and upon completing the corrections, I am being told that this has not boosted my grade. How can he find it acceptable that I am at a B in my coursework, when I get A*s in media mock exams? He can clearly see that I can achieve more than this. I have tried speaking to the head of the department, but this has had little effect. How do I get him to help me get an A*? Or who else can I talk to about the matter? Thank you for any advice x

ReputationRep:
    Just cheat on the coursework like we all did in Year 11.

ReputationRep:
    you can go and speck to your head teacher or you can get your parents to speck to your teacher
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you arent happy then talk to ehad of department and not happy again talk to head or your parents. They do have other students to teach, so be sure you have done as he suggested, becayse it appears he is giving you advice and it is not going in. You need to take responsibility for your own work.Maybe get another teacher to look at it and comment why its only getting a B. If you wnat to get his assistance then be careful you dont come across as having a sense of entitlement or he will switch off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cphils)
    I am currently in Year 11, and have had many issues with this teacher in the past, and so has most of my class. I am aiming for straight As and A*s in my GCSEs this year, yet this teacher does not seem to care about whether I'm reaching my potential or not. I have asked him multiple times how I can improve my media coursework (which is worth 60% of my final grade), and upon completing the corrections, I am being told that this has not boosted my grade. How can he find it acceptable that I am at a B in my coursework, when I get A*s in media mock exams? He can clearly see that I can achieve more than this. I have tried speaking to the head of the department, but this has had little effect. How do I get him to help me get an A*? Or who else can I talk to about the matter? Thank you for any advice x
    depends what it is, obviously don't post your coursework here but maybe you could tell the community what it is you need help with and then maybe someone here would know how to get a better grade in the coursework you're doing?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help, and I have been acting upon the advice he's been giving me, but now he is refusing to give me anymore and is telling me that it's 'fine', yet the grade has not improved at all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.