How important is it that you remember the case studies?

Watch
Silversea3765
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm taking a geography GCSE in May, and I can rememeber most stuff ok when I do the past papers but I find the long essay like questions that give you loads of marks really hard because I can't remeber the case studies, 😑 how important are they? Can not remebering the case studies stop you passing? Or make you get a lower mark? I find it hard to know which one they want me to write about 😑
username2174765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For my exam board there's no specific case study you use so im going to learn them all vaguely and then make up facts really, what exam board are you with? As that will probably decide wether you need to learn them or not
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Silversea3765)
I'm taking a geography GCSE in May, and I can rememeber most stuff ok when I do the past papers but I find the long essay like questions that give you loads of marks really hard because I can't remeber the case studies, 😑 how important are they? Can not remebering the case studies stop you passing? Or make you get a lower mark? I find it hard to know which one they want me to write about 😑
You don't have to write about the case studies, but if you don't you will get lower marks. For example, if there was an 8 mark question on how an earthquake affected an area and you just wrote about how earthquakes affect areas in general and not a specific place, I think the highest mark you can get is 3-4?

Which topics are you doing?
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not important, just make up a really sensible case study. so a question comes on on tourism in an MEDC, what you do is pick an MEDC location with tourism - London, Blackpool, Iceland, Spain, etc a lot of these case studies have similar facts, like the ones i listed they all bring jobs to the locals and boost the economy. bring in some statistics, not blatantly made up of course. examiners will not know everything about every place, they dont know what case studies you've learnt so just get a place name in there and some common facts that go with the topic and get the mark. i got my exam in june :-)
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well it all depends on what the question is asking. if a question asks:
For a named example, compare the primary secondary impacts of earthquakes
Then you would lose marks if you dont write any examples or statistics of an example
inject_junkie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Silversea3765)
I don't know about that but I'm taking business and they are giving us the case study in May
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
No, I found that for GCSE it was important (Edexcel). It can really set you back a grade or two without that knowledge. Like you only need three facts for each case study anyways.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.1%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.88%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.75%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.72%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.7%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads