Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got unconditional offers from Kent (Politics & International Relations with Year abroad in Japan), Essex (Politics with Year abroad) and UEA (Politics with foundation year).

I think Kent if the course and university I want to go for, just want to make sure I'm making the correct decision.

It would be between Kent and Essex.

What are people's thoughts? What to current students make of the course?

Cheers.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I would say all three choices are legitimate. Given that you have disregarded UEA I will assume you desire the year abroad. Essex is known for being quite good for politics (and sociology) and Kent is a reasonable choice. If you think you want to go to Kent then do so - Essex certainly isn't sufficiently better (if better at all) to make that decision a poor one academically. If you've made up your mind then go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Well I decided against UEA as its a foundation year course, plus when I visited for applicant day I didn't really like it particularly not really sure why, just didn't get the right vibe really.

And yes I think it would be good to do a year abroad, also the course at Kent is more what i want to do, Politics and International Relations rather than straight Politics (although I'm sure a lot of it is just different course name!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConFitz)
    Well I decided against UEA as its a foundation year course, plus when I visited for applicant day I didn't really like it particularly not really sure why, just didn't get the right vibe really.

And yes I think it would be good to do a year abroad, also the course at Kent is more what i want to do, Politics and International Relations rather than straight Politics (although I'm sure a lot of it is just different course name!)
    Go for Kent it is clear that is where you want to go and is probably marginally the better university of the 2

ReputationRep:
    Read this TSR article (all of it) .......... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replies. Went with my gut feeling and what I knew all along really and firmed my offer from Kent of Politics and International Relations with a year abroad in Japan.

Looking forward to September now!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.