The Student Room Group

I'm from Croydon AMA

I'm from Croydon, South London, a vibrant and rapidly growing and gentrifying urban area. House prices are set to go through the roof here as people pour out of the inner cities and into cheap, less well off suburbs.

Ask me anything about Croydon, London or life in general!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where is Croydon?
Reply 2
Are u rlly 4rm da endz fam?
same but east
could you see the smoke from the riots from your house?
Original post by mans a buff ting
Ask you about "Croydon".

But there's nothing worth asking about when it comes to Croydon.

Lmfao. Your username sounds like something someone from Croydon would use.
"manz a buff ting"
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ew.
Why was you being rude to me on my thread?
Reply 7
Ask you about "Croydon".

But there's nothing worth asking about when it comes to Croydon.

Lol I was joking with the 'ends ' stuff- Croydon is actually becoming more clean and gentrified now. Crime has fallen and Croydon isn't even in the top ten London boroughs for crime rate anymore. The DSN boys are gone as well now!
Reply 8
Original post by jawsontheflooor
same but east
could you see the smoke from the riots from your house?

Yeah that was four years ago though. I'm kind of glad that the riots happened- a lot of the thugs got locked up and the area around the burned buildings has been regenerated now with nice new apartments where young professionals can live. The atmosphere (and house prices) are changing! The place doesn't really deserve its reputation anymore apart from a few rough edges in west Croydon- I live a bit from the town centre by still in Croydon. Obviously it's not exactly a nice middle class suburb like Sutton but it's getting better.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by M14B
Where is Croydon?

How do you not know where it is? It's a large town/ borough in London- one of the cheapest places to live in London!
Reply 10
Original post by Attempt
Are u rlly 4rm da endz fam?

Nah but I'm near the ends where some gang hangs out. Croydon is changing fast though!
Reply 11
Best bar?
Original post by Trapz99
Lol I was joking with the 'ends ' stuff- Croydon is actually becoming more clean and gentrified now. Crime has fallen and Croydon isn't even in the top ten London boroughs for crime rate anymore. The DSN boys are gone as well now!

That's good to hear, I live in South West London, so I sometimes pass Croydon on occasion.

Where would you say was the best area in London?
Original post by Novascope
Lmfao. Your username sounds like something someone from Croydon would use.

:redface:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
That's good to hear, I live in South West London, so I sometimes pass Croydon on occasion.

Where would you say was the best area in London?

Sutton and Cheam are quite nice- not really a traditional bit of London though- in London I would say probably Kensington or Richmond. Croydon will never be one of those luxury family places but I think it will be quite nice for young professionals- lots of bars and restaurants are popping up so it might become a little like ShoreDitch in the future but cheaper.
Reply 15
Original post by RivalPlayer
How should the police respond to London's knife crime problem?

It's not really a big problem- only a few people get killed in London as a proportion of the population compared to cities like Chicago or even Glasgow. I don't think knife crime can go much lower unless the demographics of London change- for example if a lot of poorer people, who commit the majority of gang related stabbings, leave the city, which won't happen. I think a more important issue is housing and road safety. My parents are struggling to buy a house here in one of the cheapest parts of Croydon and they both work full time.
Reply 16
Original post by reub
Best bar?

Lol I'm still in sixth form, not that age yet
Reply 17

Wandsworth area?
Which is better, Norbury or Thornton Heath?
Reply 19
Original post by nucdev
Wandsworth area?

Lol Wansworth (if you mean tooting) isn't really a nice looking area.

Quick Reply

Latest