Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been offered a masters place then been told they need a functional skills level 2 qualification before they can start in September? Where is the fastest and easiest way to get it? I will need to pass it before starting in September this year.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by socialworkmast)
    has anyone been offered a masters place then been told they need a functional skills level 2 qualification before they can start in September? Where is the fastest and easiest way to get it? I will need to pass it before starting in September this year.
    I believe you have to study it through a college and it will take at least 12 weeks to study so i dont believe its realistic to get it before september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I believe you have to study it through a college and it will take at least 12 weeks to study so i dont believe its realistic to get it before september.
    I have read on here that someone did it in 3 weeks and passed it but she didn't say who she did it with. I'd rather do it now than defer for a year when I have well over 12 weeks till I am due to start on 16th September ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialworkmast)
    I have read on here that someone did it in 3 weeks and passed it but she didn't say who she did it with. I'd rather do it now than defer for a year when I have well over 12 weeks till I am due to start on 16th September ☺️
    What uni/course is this if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)
    What uni/course is this if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Masters in social work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    There are other options available other than through college, I studied online with a company and then took the exam at home. I completed everything in 2 months.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.